Instructor – Human Resource Management
Calgary, AB /
Academic – School of Business /
SAFA Permanent Salary
Apply for this job
At SAIT’s School of Business, we deliver cutting-edge programs that inspire learners and leaders to take action and get results. We are one of the largest business schools in Western Canada, we put significant stock in all things industry driven, starting with programs delivered by faculty who are experts in the field.
We’re proud to be recognized by CEO World Magazine’s Best Business Schools in the World as the second highest ranking Business School in Canada in 2023. Students and instructors benefit from our unique applied education model — working collaboratively with each other and industry.
School of Business is currently recruiting for a full-time permanent instructor to teach in the Human Resources Management Major within both the Business Administration diploma and Bachelor of Business Administration degree programs.
- Manage and lead a dynamic inclusive learning environment that allows students to express, share and challenge ideas respectfully.
- Develop capability to engage with students in a virtual, face-to-face, hyflex and blended course environments.
- Demonstrate high degree of flexibility and willingness to teach courses across the School of Business.
- Instruct, mentor, advise and coach students; supporting their academic and professional development in preparation for their career and life.
- Actively engage at all levels of the institution in meetings, program quality evaluations, integrated learning/teaching opportunities and beyond.
- Participate and conduct scholarly activity related to pedagogy and/or your field of expertise.
- Proactively work within dynamic teams focused on continuous improvement of courses, content and student success.
- Meet SAIT’s strategic initiatives as they relate to the institutional strategic plan as well as the ED&I strategic plan.
- Maintain and develop contacts with professionals, organizations and employers in appropriate industry sectors.
In the Classroom
- Minimum Master’s Degree in Business or a related field.
- Minimum three years of relevant industry experience is preferred.
- Previous instructing or facilitating experience at the post-secondary level and/or demonstrated teaching skills in the workplace is an asset.
- Experience with curriculum development is an asset.
- A growth mindset that is intrinsically curious
- Utilize creative Instructional approaches
- Able to engage learners as active participants in their own learning
- A strong commitment to collaboration to achieve shared goals
- Able to build relationships with students, peers and colleagues
- Foster a supportive, safe environment and sense of belonging
- Reflective about personal and professional growth.
- Ph.D. or doctoral credential is an asset
- CPHR designation or willing to earn the credential within two years of employment.
- Experience across multiple human resources disciplines
- Experience with data analytics and business intelligence
- Experience in change management and conflict management
In addition to the above we are looking for instructors with the following attributes
Discipline Specific Qualifications
Job Classification: Instructor
# of positions: 1
Salary Range: $92,833 – $102,183
Hours per week: 37.5hrs
Posting End Date: April 26th, 2023
SAIT is a global leader in applied education. Named one of Alberta’s Top Employers , we offer the chance to work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers.
Building on our 100+ year history, we’re looking for innovative, bold and collaborative employees who embrace change and deliver world-class customer experiences. Your future starts now at SAIT.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is essential to achieving SAIT’s vision to be a global leader in applied education. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Learn more about EDI at SAIT .
At SAIT, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding diverse perspectives to SAIT – so if your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
SAIT is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations upon request to the Talent Advisor.
BEWARE FALSE POSTINGS AND RECRUITING OFFERS
SAIT has been made aware of individuals or organizations posing as SAIT using false postings to attract job seekers and collect personal information. Please be aware that SAIT will never request sensitive personal information beyond what is required for an application.
Career opportunities at SAIT will always be posted on the SAIT career site and we encourage applicants to only apply directly through there. When your application is completed you will receive an email confirmation, if you did not receive one please check your junk mail or try applying through the SAIT career page again.
Apply for this job
Jobs powered by
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.