Cambria College, established in 2005, is one of BC’s most sought-after private post-secondary institutions. We currently have 4 locations with major expansion plans on the horizon. Our schools are accredited and recognized by PTIB, EQA and SABC as well as we have affiliations and pathways with several Universities and Public Colleges that provide our students a higher level of education. Being a student-centered institution, our focus remains on offering in-demand programs with excellent employment outcomes.
Cambria is currently looking for a part-time instructor to support delivery of our Hospitality Management program. This program will be delivered onsite at our Surrey Campus and may also include some online instruction. While the current opening is to support 1 cohort, there is the possibility for a permanent full-time role supporting 2 cohorts as the program continues to grow.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
The Hospitality Management instructor will be required to contribute to the academic success of students and the program by:
- Delivering instruction that meets the course competencies and program objectives as set out in the American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute
- Evaluate student performance in a timely manner
- Enhance the program by inviting guest speakers as well as organize relevant field trips.
- Monitor and review students during practicum, if required.
Education and Experience:
- Degree or diploma from a recognized university or College in a relevant discipline.
- Two or more years’ experience in a related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A credential in adult education will be an asset
Skills and Abilities:
- Relevant industry skills and knowledge relating to the area of instruction.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, including presentation and group facilitation.
- Ability to motivate and inspire students.
- Ability to work in a team environment contributing to the program’s success
- Ability to work one on one with students that need individualized attention.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 25 per week
Salary: $27.00-$30.00 per hour
- Day shift
- DCS / DEC (preferred)
- teaching: 1 year (preferred)
- industry: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-03-27
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.