ILAC International College
Established in 1997, ILAC is a leading provider of international education and comprises four distinct divisions. Our offerings range from Language training, University Pathways, Higher Education offering Vocational and Public Private Partnerships programs and Language Testing Centre. Located in Toronto and Vancouver, our mission is to provide the highest quality service, support and opportunities to our students and employees.
Fanshawe [email protected] is a public college-private partnership (PCPP) between Fanshawe College and ILAC International College. Operating under the Ontario Government’s framework for PCPPs, this partnership allows international students to take advantage of Fanshawe’s high-quality programming and study in downtown Toronto, one of the safest, most multicultural and exciting cities in the world.
We are looking for experienced, creative, and dynamic individuals to teach onsite (in-person) courses in the Hospitality and Tourism Operations Management and Hospitality – Hotel and Resort Services Management programs in the Winter 2023 semester.
Subjects to be taught include:
· Hotel & Resort Operations
· Food & Beverage Operations
· Math for Hospitality
· Accounting Fundamentals
· Guest Relations
· Technology for Hospitality
· Beverages, Wines & Spirits
· Canadian & North American Tourism Industry
· Language of Hospitality Management in Canada
· Accommodations Management
· Hospitality Human Resources Management
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Designs and delivers student-centred learning:
· Delivers core curriculum as defined in program charter
· Develops weekly class sessions, activities and assignments which highlight the core curriculum and related topics
· Provides in-class instruction through a variety of modes, creating opportunities for student success
· Integrates current best practices and industry-focused material into class discussion and assignments
Enables student outcomes:
· Defines and communicates clear expectations about student progress through the learning journey
· Provides instruction that fosters student achievement of course and program outcomes
· Provides both formal and informal feedback (including marking of assessments) that clearly indicates the student’s progress through the material
· Identifies students who are struggling, and intervenes to address roadblocks and challenges
· Identifies resources that support better student outcomes and directs students to those resources
· Helps students solve problems that may impede successful program completion through advising, assisting, and/or referring students on academic or personal matters
· Ensures that learning activities are conducive to active student learning
· Establishes a classroom environment conducive to collaborative learning
· Ensures that activities encourage active student involvement and monitors student participation
· Notes, intervenes, and escalates any case of academic misconduct, harassment or violation of the student code of conduct
Required education and experience:
· A Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Business Management, or a related field; a Master’s is preferred.
· Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in hospitality, tourism, or hotel management in a supervisory or management role
· Minimum 1 year teaching experience is required
· Certificate in Adult Education an asset
Skills and Attributes:
· Strong technical/computer skills and familiarity with educational technologies and Learning Management Systems are required
· Teaching experience with in-class, hybrid and/or online delivery preferred
· Combination of excellent leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
· Ability to successfully maintain subject expertise through professional development, contact with industry, other educational institutions and/or professional bodies
· Demonstrated ability to tie in industry expertise and educational strategies to develop and deliver effective and meaningful teaching plans.
· Proven commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Decolonization practice including knowledge and experience of working with diverse communities
· Strong interpersonal & excellent communication skills with ability to relate effectively to a wide variety of learners
· Innovative and lifelong learner
· Knowledge of curriculum design and student evaluations
· Proficiency in MS Office software
Winter 2023 Term start date: January 3, 2023. All classes run on-site.
We thank all candidates who are interested in applying for the position, kindly note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILAC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility to Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted, please advise should you require accommodation during the hiring process.
All ILAC employees are expected to be vaccinated in accordance with the ILAC’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term contract
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Are you available to teach on-site downtown Toronto?
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- Hospitality: 5 years (preferred)
- Teaching: 3 years (preferred)
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.