Instructor – Business Studies, Design Software
Academic – School of Business /
SAFA Casual – Approved Program
Apply for this job
At SAIT’s School of Business, we deliver cutting-edge programs that inspire learners and leaders to take action and get results. We are one of the largest business schools in Western Canada, we put significant stock in all things industry driven, starting with programs delivered by faculty who are experts in the field.
We’re proud to be recognized by CEO World Magazine’s Best Business Schools in the World as the second highest ranking Business School in Canada in 2023. Students and instructors benefit from our unique applied education model — working collaboratively with each other and industry.
School of Business is currently recruiting casual instructors to teach in our Administrative Information Management Diploma Program and Office Professional Certificate Program. Seeking instructors to teach courses in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, SharePoint, Outlook, OneNote, Office Administration and Meetings and Events.
- Curriculum Development
- Instructors are required to create learning activities and authentic assessments that encourage active and participatory learner engagement and an experiential classroom culture that promotes career-ready skills.
- Instructors champion a current and innovative pedagogy and curricular enterprise reflective of adult teaching methodologies.
- Instructors are responsible for supporting the delivery of courses across multiple instructional and curricular modalities whilst integrating current and innovative quality instructional practices and course assessment methods.
- Instructors are expected to cultivate and nurture inclusive learning environments and engage with students about their progress and success through a lens of steadfast support and care as well as a dedication to excellence.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders of the program, school and institution is required to support regular instructional and program quality improvement actions.
- Professional development engagement is expected in this role.
- The Role – In the Classroom
- Manage and lead a safe, positive, inclusive, and dynamic learning environment that allows students to express, share and challenge ideas respectfully.
- Prepares and delivers course(s) as assigned (includes lesson plans, assessments, learning activities, course schedule, resources, etc.).
- Evaluate students’ performance with regularity during the term and discern any areas for concern and refer to the Academic Chair for follow-up as required.
- Respond to academic integrity concerns of students and report to the Academic Chair for follow-up as required.
- Refers students to institutional supports and campus services including counselling, academic advising, tutoring, career advancement services, technology support, accessibility services and financial support.
- Ensures learner accommodations are correctly applied for learners with disabilities.
- Develop the capability to engage with students in a virtual, face-to-face, and blended course environment.
- Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility and willingness to teach courses across the School of Business.
- Instructor, mentor, advisor and coach to students. Supporting their academic and professional development in preparation for their career and life.
- The Role – Beyond the Classroom
- Actively engage in program meetings, professional development opportunities, and beyond.
- Proactively work within dynamic teams focused on continuous improvement of courses, content and student success.
- Shares resources (i.e. assignments, assessment methods, course deliverables, marking rubrics/keys, best practices etc.) with colleagues.
- Commitment to collaboration and the ability to work successfully in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Dedication to continuous improvement with a commitment to achieving a standard of excellence and best practice in pedagogy and curricular enterprise.
- Espouses a positive attitude whilst maintaining strong and respective working relationships with colleagues.
- Adheres to institutional policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline.
- 3 – 5 years of directly related industry experience.
- Microsoft Office Suite certifications (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access). Proficient knowledge and skills in SharePoint, OneNote, Publisher, and Project are considered an asset.
- Instructional experience in post-secondary/adult education/corporate training or a combination thereof.
- An equivalent combination of directly related education and experience may be considered.
- Curriculum development experience is an asset
- Instructional skills in multiple delivery modalities with a diverse learner community are an asset
- Commitment to professional learning and growth.
Job classification: INSTRUCTOR – S4001
Hourly range: $41.48
# of positions: 6
Position End Date: April 30, 2024
Posting closing date: Until position is filled
SAIT is a global leader in applied education. Named one of Alberta’s Top Employers , we offer the chance to work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers.
Building on our 100+ year history, we’re looking for innovative, bold and collaborative employees who embrace change and deliver world-class customer experiences. Your future starts now at SAIT.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is essential to achieving SAIT’s vision to be a global leader in applied education. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Learn more about EDI at SAIT .
At SAIT, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding diverse perspectives to SAIT – so if your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
SAIT is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations upon request to the Talent Advisor.
BEWARE FALSE POSTINGS AND RECRUITING OFFERS
SAIT has been made aware of individuals or organizations posing as SAIT using false postings to attract job seekers and collect personal information. Please be aware that SAIT will never request sensitive personal information beyond what is required for an application.
Career opportunities at SAIT will always be posted on the SAIT career site and we encourage applicants to only apply directly through there. When your application is completed you will receive an email confirmation, if you did not receive one please check your junk mail or try applying through the SAIT career page again.
Apply for this job
Jobs powered by
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.