United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Results of Service
The work of the Particular person Contractor is predicted to contribute to the institution of a stable basis of the interim International Coordination Unit and its capabilities, together with its monitoring and reporting methods and its relationship with different associated initiatives, effectively serviced conferences, a effectively designed data hub which can facilitate elevated entry to and use of related data merchandise and studying alternatives, and well timed submission of progress stories and ultimate stories to donors and stakeholders. In the end, all these outcomes are anticipated to contribute to accelerated and efficient implementation, monitoring and reporting of the NBSAPs.
Montreal (CBD Secretariat workplaces)
Duties and Tasks
The United Nations Setting Programme is the main world environmental authority that units the worldwide environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable improvement throughout the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the worldwide surroundings. On the 1992 Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro, world leaders agreed on a complete technique for ‘sustainable improvement’. The Conference on Organic Variety was opened for signature in Rio in 1992. The Conference has three fundamental goals: the conservation of organic range, the
sustainable use of its elements, and the honest and equitable sharing of the advantages arising from using genetic sources. The Secretariat of the Conference on Organic Variety (SCBD) is positioned in Montreal and administered by United Nations Setting Programme. Its fundamental duties are to rearrange for and repair conferences of the Convention of the Events,
together with preparation of pertinent documentation, operation of the central node of the clearing-house mechanism, liaison and coordination with different worldwide our bodies and processes and, in shut collaboration with these companions, the supply of technical help for the efficient implementation of the Conference.
The NBSAP Accelerator Partnership was established to boost the ambition and political profile of NBSAPs and to speed up their implementation to contribute to the achievement of the GBF objectives and targets. It seeks to facilitate coherent entry to monetary and technical help, present in-country/regional facilitation and matchmaking help; develop the technical and institutional capability of related authorities businesses and nationwide organizations; help data administration to extend entry to biodiversity data merchandise and instruments; facilitate peer-to-peer studying and exchanges throughout international locations, and strengthen biodiversity governance and synergies with different initiatives to boost the implementation of NBSAPs.
The Particular person Contractor will help with the planning, coordination, supply and monitoring of the iGCU’s work;, compiling and synthesizing data, offering normal administrative and workplace help to the iGCU, helping with the group and servicing of conferences and coaching actions, drafting numerous paperwork, helping with the planning and supply of varied iGCU actions, facilitating ongoing engagement of and collaboration with numerous companions, and supporting the preparation of consolidated annual progress stories and ultimate narrative stories after the completion of particular tasks and actions.
Duties and Tasks:
Underneath the general steering of the Secretariat’s Head of the Capability Constructing and Information Administration Unit, and the direct supervision of and with steering from the iGCU Information and Studying Lead and in shut collaboration with the International Coordinator of the NBSAP Accelerator Partnership, the Particular person Contractor will probably be accountable for performing the next duties:
1. Compile and synthesize data from the Taking part Companies and help within the planning, coordination, supply and monitoring of the iGCU’s work plans and programme actions and in making ready consolidated progress stories and ultimate narrative stories after the completion of particular tasks and actions for submission to related governing our bodies, donors and related stakeholders.
2. Gather, collate, keep and facilitate entry to data by means of a database and on-line platforms: (a) on the assorted NBSAP Accelerator Partnership help actions and different related initiatives and programmes supporting NBSAP revision and implementation so as to present a regularly up to date overview of those and (b) on obtainable studying and technical help alternatives, experience, instruments, studying and steering materials and different data merchandise, together with case research of fine follow and classes discovered, so as to help the implementation of NBSAPs.
3. Assist the engagement of and collaboration with numerous companions, together with UN businesses, worldwide organizations, regional organizations and networks, funding businesses, and different stakeholders concerned in or supporting the implementation of NBSAPs, and facilitates coordination and communication among the many Taking part Companies and with inside technical and administrative items and divisions by sustaining common communications with all these actors.
4. Arrange and repair conferences, workshops, occasions and trainings offered by the iGCU, together with making the mandatory logistical preparations, helping with the preparation of background materials and documentation, making ready the displays, and supporting the follow-up actions.
5. Undertake administrative and normal workplace help capabilities of the iGCU, together with drafting correspondence, sustaining calendars/schedules, making ready minutes of conferences, drafting numerous paperwork and stories, managing workplace information, processing administrative requisitions (journey requests, buy orders, expenditure authorizations, and many others.), and managing relations with distributors and repair suppliers.
6. Carry out different associated and related duties as assigned.
A highschool diploma or equal is required. Supplementary coaching in environmental administration, social sciences, public administration, venture administration or equal is fascinating.
No less than ten years of progressively related expertise in programme administration, sustainable improvement, environmental administration, public administration or associated fields is required.
Wonderful written and verbal communication expertise is required.
Expertise with capability improvement and data administration, monitoring and analysis, and venture administration is fascinating.
Expertise working with minimal supervision and dealing as an lively member of a workforce is fascinating.
Expertise in utilizing computer systems and workplace software program packages comparable to MS Phrase, MS Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint is fascinating.
Expertise in utilizing web-based administration methods and data of studying and improvement software program packages (comparable to Moodle, Mural, and Zoom) is fascinating. Work expertise with multilateral environmental agreements and data of UN guidelines and laws is fascinating.
a. Teamwork: Good interpersonal expertise and talent to determine and keep efficient working relations in a multicultural, multi-ethnic surroundings with sensitivity and respect for range.
b. Planning and Organizing: Means to plan tasks and actions, work to tight deadlines, and handle conflicting priorities.
c. Shopper Orientation: Means to know customers’ wants and to customise providers and merchandise accordingly, so as to present user-friendly options that meet their necessities.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this put up, fluency in oral and written English is required. Information of different UN official languages is fascinating.
NOTE: “Fluency equals a ranking of “fluent” in all 4 areas (learn, write, converse, perceive) and “Information of” equals a ranking of “assured” in two of the 4 areas.
Native recruitment: Candidates should be Canadian residents or everlasting residents or have permission to work in Canada.
The person contractor should be obtainable to work onsite within the CBD Secretariat Workplace in Montreal, Canada
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.