Human Resource Coordinator – Payroll & HRIS (Research Institute)
Research Institute of the MUHC
Montréal Centre-Ville, Télétravail
Administration, human ressources and finance
$43,115.80 – $64,682.80 /Year
Le Centre universitaire de santé McGill (CUSM) est un centre hospitalier universitaire intégré, reconnu à l’échelle internationale pour l’excellence de ses programmes cliniques, de sa recherche et de son enseignement. Le CUSM a pour objectif d’assurer aux patients des soins fondés sur les connaissances les plus avancées dans le domaine de la santé et de contribuer au progrès des connaissances.
RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Santé (FRQS).
The incumbent performs operational and transactional functions relating to human resources management, employee lifecycle, data collection and reporting. The HR Technician also offers HR support and guidance to employees and research trainees on inquiries pertaining to various HR matters.
Reporting to the Human Resources Supervisor, the main duties are as follow:
• Creates and maintains complete employee/research trainee lifecycle in the Human Resources Information System such as new hires, terminations, modifications with respect to salary, cost center, job title, status, etc. (data entry),
• Answers queries on some HR matters such as benefits, payroll, required documentation, volunteers, training, procedures etc.,
• Creates and maintains the electronic employee file. Scanning of documents,
• Follows-up with researchers, delegates, employees and research trainees on required forms and documentation,
• Assists Payroll with transmission, time-reporting and over-time validation,
• Compiles various HR and payroll reports,
• Prepares work attestations and proof of insurance coverage letters,
• Fill out various pension plan forms,
• Performs other duties, participates in projects and meetings as assigned.
Education / Experience
Education: Diploma of College Studies (DEC) in a related field such as accounting, Human Resources or other related field or Human Resources Support Specialist (AEC)
Work experience: Three (3) to five (5) years of relevant work experience with a payroll system or an HRIS,
• Bilingual (excellent French and English, spoken and written),
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
• Excellent planning, organizing and time management skills,
• Meticulous and detail-oriented,
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access).
Status : Full-Time
Pay Scale: $42,260.40 to $78,460.20
Work Shift: 35 hours per week
Work Site: Hybrid/Downtown (mostly remote with mandatory office presence 1-2 times/month)
Why work with us?
• 4-week vacation, 5th week after 5 years,
• Paid time off during the Holidays,
• Bank of 12 paid days (personal days and days for sickness or family obligations),
• 13 paid statutory holidays,
• Modular group insurance plan (including gender affirmation coverage),
• RREGOP government pension plan (defined benefit),
• Courses and professional development opportunities,
• Flex work options and much more!
To learn more about our benefits, please visit http://rimuhc.ca/en/compensation-and-benefits
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity, diversity and inclusion within its community. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates who self-identify as members of racialized groups/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and 2SLGBTQIA+ persons. We also welcome candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may confidentially contact, [email protected]
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.