University of Manitoba
The University of Manitoba is a driving force of innovation, discovery and advancement. Our momentum is propelled by our campus community – UM faculty, staff and students whose determination and curiosity shape our world for the better. Our teaching, learning and work environment is uniquely strengthened and enriched by Indigenous perspectives. With two main campuses in Winnipeg, satellite campuses throughout Manitoba, and world-wide research, UM’s impact is global.
Discover outstanding employee benefits, experience world-class facilities and join a dynamic community that values reconciliation, sustainability, diversity, and inclusion. We are one of Manitoba’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. At the University of Manitoba, what inspires you can change everything.
The University of Manitoba is looking for a Human Resources Benefit Associate in Compensation and Benefits. This position will be responsible for performing variety of administrative duties including preparing and maintaining benefit documentation, processing claims, assisting staff with benefit inquiries, and running reports and queries.
The qualifications and experience we’re looking for:
- Completion of a formal training program in a related discipline from a recognized institute (certificate in Human Resource Management, certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation or a Group Benefits Associate (GBA) designation) is preferred.
- B.Comm. or related degree, preferably with a Human Resources major.
- Minimum two years of directly related experience as a HR professional with a focus on benefits or a related role in a large, dynamic organization is required.
- A high level of knowledge of the HRIS systems, with particular knowledge of the Compensation, Benefits, HRM, HR Control Tables and Payroll Simulation modules is preferred.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are required as well as a diplomatic yet assertive approach in dealing with all levels of staff.
- Attention to detail, strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills are required.
- Must possess a philosophy consistent with a collaborative, integrated approach to working in groups and integrated systems.
- Good decision-making skills required.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to work under deadlines, while dealing with competing demands is required.
- Proficiency within the entire Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Satisfactory work record, including satisfactory attendance and punctuality, is required.
Why the University of Manitoba?
Along with being one of Manitoba’s top employers, we are proud to provide a collaborative and enriching work environment. In addition to a strong compensation package with a competitive salary, the University provides an exceptional workplace that includes:
- Comprehensive group benefits and pension plan.
- Competitive vacation time.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- A full spectrum of professional development opportunities.
Apply today through the University of Manitoba’s recruitment site, UM Careers: https://viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca/DEFAULT.ASPX?REQ_ID=25423
Closing Date: February 3, 2023
Applications will only be accepted if you apply on UM Careers.
The University of Manitoba is committed to the principles of equity, diversity & inclusion and to promoting opportunities in hiring, promotion and tenure (where applicable) for systemically marginalized groups who have been excluded from full participation at the University and the larger community including Indigenous Peoples, women, racialized persons, persons with disabilities and those who identify as 2SLGBTQIA+ (Two Spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, questioning, intersex, asexual and other diverse sexual identities).
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact 204-474-7195. Please note this contact information is for accommodation reasons only.
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection of privacy provisions of The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae will be provided to participating members of the search process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $43,821.36-$61,349.90 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Winnipeg, MB
Expected start date: 2023-02-20
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.