University of Alberta
Working for the College of Alberta
The College of Alberta acknowledges that we’re situated on Treaty 6 territory, and respects the histories, languages and cultures of First Nations, Métis, Inuit and all First Peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to complement our vibrant neighborhood.
The College of Alberta is teeming with change makers, neighborhood builders, and world shapers who lead with goal each day. We’re residence to greater than 40,000 college students in 200+ undergraduate and 500+ graduate applications, over 13,000 school and employees, 260,000 alumni worldwide and have been acknowledged as considered one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for over a decade.
Your work can have a significant affect on an enchanting cross part of individuals—from our college students and stakeholders, to our famend researchers and innovators who’re fairly actually curing illnesses, making discoveries and producing options that make the world more healthy, safer, stronger, and extra simply
About Human Assets, Well being, Security and Setting:
“Rent nice folks and provides them freedom to be superior.” — Andrew Mason
Thriving organizations are constructed on folks. The Human Assets, Well being Security and Setting (HRHSE) portfolio consists of outstanding folks making a folks targeted tradition to help the establishment’s imaginative and prescient.
We’re dedicated to questioning the established order, driving excellence, and main with goal. We lead with goal in making a office tradition that helps the establishment in strengthening its core instructing, analysis, neighborhood engagement, and pupil enrichment expertise.
HRHSE is a values based mostly portfolio; we incorporate our values of belief, accountability, relationship constructing and security in all the pieces we do. Our workers are dedicated to residing our values and are grounded within the conviction that management must be demonstrated, inspired and supported in any respect ranges of the establishment.
In HRHSE, we’re made up of six groups which can be liable for offering the best high quality providers to our campus neighborhood; Complete Rewards, Expertise Administration, Organizational Improvement, Well being, Security and Setting, Worker and Labour Relations and HR Service Partnerships.
Be a part of our sensible, results-driven, energized, and engaged crew and see firsthand how we stay our values, drive change and lead with goal!
On the U of A, security is central to how we work, examine, and conduct analysis. Our Well being Security and Setting crew performs a key position in selling and sustaining security as a core worth. Constructing a sturdy and sustainable security tradition the place everybody owns their security efficiency and that of others, HSE leverages its experience to boost the well being, security and environmental well-being of the college neighborhood.
We’re in search of a extremely motivated and skilled Human Resources Affiliate to affix our dynamic HR Service Partnership crew. Below the management of a Senior Human Assets Companion (SHRP), the HR Affiliate (HRA) will work alongside HR Companions and Shared Companies to supply HR generalist providers. This position will present consultative providers on uncomplex worker/labour relations issues, help HR operations in collaboration with Shared Companies, and works with the HR CoEs to implement HR applications and initiatives. The perfect candidate can have a powerful background as an HR Generalist in HR operations. The HRA will work inside a big, unionized, advanced group and can collaborate with the HR Companions, HRHSE Facilities of Excellence (CoE)’s and the Employees Service Middle to help quite a few applications and initiatives.
1. Human Assets Operations:
- Assist departments/schools in HR Operations in collaboration with the Shared Companies
- Analyze developments and advocate course of enhancements to the Senior HR Companion.
- Talk proactively with Finance and HR Companions to handle rising points in a well timed method.
- Escalate employment, advantages and payroll-related points to Shared Companies for numerous worker sorts and help employees, graduate assistants, educational instructing employees, informal appointments, and non permanent appointments.
- Take part in assigned tasks, committees, and cohorts.
2. Expertise Acquisition:
- Present recommendation and help for end-to-end recruitment course of working with the suitable stakeholders.
- Help within the recruitment and collection of tenure monitor school positions.
- Assist responsibility to accommodate and recall processes in collaboration with Shared Companies.
- Facilitate onboarding of recent workers, offering obligatory instruments and sources.
- Coordinate non-Canadian hires and help relocation processes with Shared Companies
3. Job Design and Group Improvement:
- Create or evaluate Job Truth Sheets/Place descriptions in session with HR Companions and Job Design and Analysis (JDE) groups.
- Collaborate with JDE to align job evaluations with expectations.
- Make suggestions on applicable place analysis for informal appointments.
- Present preliminary recommendation on hiring insurance policies and procedures for analysis venture personnel.
4. Efficiency Improvement:
- Assist departments/schools in complying with annual efficiency appraisal and probationary evaluate processes.
- Present ongoing help and training to folks leaders on efficiency improvement and administration.
5. Studying and Improvement:
- Assist the implementation of institutional applications and initiatives to boost organizational effectiveness and studying.
- Conduct or organize in-service coaching for departments/schools underneath the path of HR Companions or Senior HR Companion.
6. Worker Relations:
- Present recommendation on collective agreements, handbooks, insurance policies, and procedures to workers in any respect ranges.
- Assist attendance and absenteeism points, return to work planning, lodging, terminations, teaching, counseling, and self-discipline suggestions underneath the path of the Senior HR Companion.
- Help with office disruptions and conduct analysis for disputes, grievances, complaints, and arbitrations.
- Assist the supply of offboarding applications for voluntary and involuntary terminations.
7. Worker Wellness and Return to Work:
- Help leaders and supervisors in facilitating the return to work course of for workers on leaves of absence.
- Determine and handle potential office points to help a profitable return to work.
- Take part in growing and implementing return to work plans, together with non permanent modified duties and everlasting lodging.
- Collaborate with related items and companions to assemble required data for a profitable return to work.
- Bachelor’s diploma, ideally with a specialization in Human Assets or a associated self-discipline.
- Minimal of 2-3 years of HR generalist expertise in a unionized setting.
- CHRP designation (asset).
- Expertise working in a big and sophisticated group or public sector (asset).
- Data of HR insurance policies, procedures, and collective agreements.
- Proficiency in HR methods, akin to PeopleSoft purposes (Campus Options and HCM) and Google Suites.
- Wonderful communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time administration expertise.
- Robust analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Potential to work independently and collaboratively in a crew setting.
- Demonstrated professionalism, outcomes orientation, teamwork, flexibility/adaptability, and customer support expertise.
If you’re a extremely motivated and detail-oriented HR skilled seeking to contribute to the success of our group, we encourage you to use for this place. Be a part of our crew and be a part of a collaborative and supportive HR setting.
On the College of Alberta, we’re dedicated to creating an inclusive and accessible hiring course of for all candidates. When you require lodging to take part within the interview course of, please tell us on the time of reserving your interview and we are going to make each effort to accommodate your wants.
Notice: On-line purposes are accepted till midnight Mountain Commonplace Time of the cut-off date.
View or Apply
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl//motivation letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this job posting.