Coast Mountain College
History Professor – University Credit (Prince Rupert)
Job description and duties
Coast Mountain College (CMTN), Prince Rupert campus, invites applications for a History Professor for the 2023 winter semester as outlined below (subject to minimum enrolment). Salary will be in accordance with the CUPE Instructor Scale ($5,050.87 to $8,116.20 per course dependent on education and experience).
Duties: The College Professors are responsible for contributing to the academic success of students. This includes course preparation, teaching and guiding students, providing feedback, correction, encouragement, and direction in the following face-to-face courses:
Winter Semester (January – April)
- HIST 216: History of the U.S. Since 1865 (1 section)
A minimum of both a Master’s degree and a Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline along with teaching experience at the post-secondary level. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate experience with experiential teaching formats.
Required attributes/experience includes:
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching with the ability to motivate and mentor learners of all ages
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for the best practices in equity, diversity, and inclusion in the classroom
- Ability to function effectively across cultures, particularly with the Indigenous communities, is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and facilitation skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and current resume, quoting competition #22.070C to:
Coast Mountain College, Human Resources
Email: [email protected]
NOTE: Only complete applications (with a cover letter and resume included) received to the above noted email address will be considered.
CMTN provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and Indigenous populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with CMTN’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from Indigenous individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- University Credit
- Prince Rupert
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.