UTCL IT Helpdesk Analyst
IT Helpdesk Analyst
Job Summary: As a member of the UTCL IT team, you will assess and optimize the performance of our end-user IT systems and software. You will be analyzing the performance of IT systems, resolving IT equipment and software issues, and providing IT support to our onsite technicians.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Dealing with problems for hardware, such as servers, computers and printers, and software programs.
- Asking questions about the problem and explaining possible solutions.
- Dealing with common or basic technical issues such as resetting passwords.
- Using automated diagnostic programs to solve network problems.
- Updating knowledge bases with details of common problems which technicians can view online.
- Using helpdesk software to log calls with descriptions of issues, progress and solutions.
- Passing calls to a team of 2nd line support analysts if the problem is more complex.
- Arranging for a technician to visit the customer if a problem can’t be solved remotely.
- Staying up to date with industry developments.
- Assisting with the installation of various systems and software.
- Analyze client systems and report on performance and functionality.
- Resolve or isolate initial call service requests.
- Determine and capture incidents to communicate issues properly.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00-$25.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- IT support: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Calgary, AB
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.