BC Infrastructure Benefits
BCIB Trade Profiles
British Columbia Infrastructure Benefits Inc. (BCIB) is a Crown Corporation employing skilled trades people on major infrastructure projects throughout the province. We employ the labour force on projects that fall under the Province’s Community Benefits Agreement (CBA). When you join our database of skilled tradespeople, you gain access to a network of projects. Through the CBA, we open doors for underrepresented workers, maximize apprenticeship opportunities, and work to create respectful and welcoming worksites. Our goal is to help you progress in your career with consistent work closer to home.
Heavy Duty Mechanic Red Seal, Journeyperson and Apprentice Heavy Duty Mechanics are required on the Broadway Subway Project now and throughout 2023.
Job Profile Overview:
As described by the ITA, Heavy Duty Mechanics maintain, manufacture, overhaul, recondition and repair equipment powered by internal combustion engines or electricity and without limiting the foregoing, including graders, loaders, shovels, off-highway tractors, off-highway trucks, forklifts, wheeled and tracked vehicles of all types used in the construction industry.
- Extended shift hours in changing weather conditions
- Noisy and dusty environments on dynamic terrains
- Busy job environment with multiple trades working together
- Personal Protective Equipment will be required (e.g., steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.)
- Must be able to work rotational shifts
- Construction jobs may require workers to be in good physical condition with an ability to work long hours.
- Must have good observational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Have a good understanding and the ability to follow safe work procedures.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Duties include but not limited to Filter replacement, Regular gauge checks, Add or replace hydraulic and transmission fluids, Change engine oil and lubricate running gears or moving parts, Install replacement mufflers, exhaust pipes, shock absorbers or radiators, and assist mechanics and perform other duties as directed.
Experience, qualifications, and certifications that are considered an asset:
- Red Seal, Journeyperson or Apprenticeship as a Heavy-Duty Equipment Technician considered an asset. Please select Operator as your trade section when applying through the BCIB website.
- Diesel Engine Mechanic and Heavy-Duty Mechanic Foundation Certificate considered an asset.
- Must have at least 1 year of solid experience in heavy equipment maintenance.
- Experience oiling/servicing heavy mobile equipment and cranes.
- Multi- service vehicle (MSV) driving experience and Electrical specialization considered an asset.
- Must be mechanically inclined and have knowledge to execute the required tasks.
- Experience working in heavy civil construction or road building considered an asset
- Site Ready BC including WHMIS (details will be provided by BCIB upon employment)
Create a Profile with BCIB
To apply for work opportunities with BCIB, start by creating an online profile. Once you apply and are accepted into our database, we’ll contact you when an appropriate position becomes available. When you join BCIB, you’re joining a community of skilled British Columbians who work on some of the most interesting projects in the province.
Go to www.bcib.ca and click “Apply Now.”
BCIB works with various support organizations to bridge skill gaps among workers with different levels of experience. If there are skilled trades training opportunities which match your profile, we will contact you.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Salary: $40.81-$44.06 per hour
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- mechanical: 1 year (preferred)
- Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Class 1 or Class 3 Driving License (required)
- TDG Certification (required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.