Vancouver Coastal Health|Vancouver Coastal Health
Health Unit Clerk Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Health Unit Clerk in our company, Vancouver Coastal Health. This vacancy is based in Vancouver BC. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Health Unit Clerk Job
Company: Vancouver Coastal Health
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Vancouver BC
URL Expiry: 2023-01-09
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
Health Unit Clerk Job Detail
Come work as a Health Unit Clerk with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Health Unit Clerk to join the Connections team in the Downtown Eastside in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Health Unit Support Clerk you will:
- Support the Downtown Eastside Eye Clinic (DEEC) by performing clerical duties such as word processing, composing and typing correspondence including typing medical and/or legal reports.
- Book clients for appointments, answer the telephone, assemble and maintain files, set up and dismantle clinic rooms and clean applicable equipment in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintain an inventory of medical/surgical supplies and equipment.
- Perform reception duties such as answering general inquiries and provide direction and/or general information on programs and/or policies, as required.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12, a Medical Office Assistant Certificate, plus one (1) year recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge of healthcare equipment.
- Knowledge of sterilization techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of health care facilities/clinics practices and procedures.
- Ability to keyboard 5,000 strokes per hour.
- Ability to develop and maintain rapport with clients
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Business writing skills
- Ability to deal tactfully with coworkers and clients
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to organize, prioritize.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the
Internal Application Process. Refer to the
https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for
How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.