ATS Traffic Group
Status: Permanent, Full-Time. Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 4:30 PM.
Location: TBD. This position can be located in either Kamloops, BC; Langley, BC or Mississauga, Ontario.
About ATS Traffic
ATS Traffic is a family-owned business that has been getting people home safely since 1966. We provide traffic control, on-street services, signage and traffic safety products and services across Canada. Currently, our teams are operating out of offices in Edmonton, Calgary, Langley, Kamloops, Regina, Saskatoon, and Winnipeg. As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate the ATS Traffic Core Values at work every day and help us connect the D.O.T.S.:
- Do What’s Right
- Our People Matter
- Trust Through Teamwork
- Striving for Excellence
About the Position
ATS Traffic is currently looking for a H&S Coordinator to join our team! This position will report to the Director of Health and Safety located in Edmonton, therefore we are looking for an independent individual to provide OH&S support in another ATS location. This position will act as a health and safety resource addressing employee relations matters, and offering support and coaching as needed to ensure legislative compliance.
- Facilitating safety training Monday morning during weekly New Employee Orientation sessions.
- Maintain ATS Traffic’s Health and Safety program i.e. Hold weekly safety meetings, monthly JHSC meetings, oversee that PPE, building, forklift and truck inspections are completed and proper paperwork is processed, attend weekly team safety meetings
- Maintain COR status with help of Director of EHS
- Do field site safety audits/inspections
- Assist in the investigation of incidents and reviews material and evidence prepared for organizations use in preventing future incidents.
- Upkeep, implementation, promotion, and application of the company’s Health and Safety program
- Directs inspection of organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident hazards and determine corrective or preventive measures
- Provide support and direction to local safety/risk management personnel to coordinate the development and implementation of ATS’s HSE policies
- Post-secondary education related to Health and Safety is a definite asset.
- A Class 5, Non-GDL Drivers License and Clear Drivers Abstract is required to drive ATS company vehicles.
- Current NCSO designation is required for this role.
- This is a safety-sensitive role that can be subject to pre-employment, pre-access, and post-incident drug and alcohol testing. We have a zero-tolerance policy in place for use of marijuana, medical or recreational.
- Must have strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams.
- Resourceful, ability to creative problem solve and prioritize urgent needs.
- Strong communication skills.
- Effective Organizational skills.
- Able to work in fast paced environment
- Good Analytic skills
- Strong computer skills
Why Choose ATS Traffic?
We have always been a family-owned business. When you join ATS Traffic, you aren’t just a number: people remember your name and treat you like one of the family! You’ll be working with a team you can trust, and you’ll be excited to come in on Monday morning.
Other perks include:
- Growth and coaching opportunities
- 3 Weeks Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Personal Time Off Days
- Christmas Break Closure
- Health Spending Account and Wellness Account
- RRSP Contribution + Matching Program
- Regular company events like barbecues, holiday parties and celebrations!
Do you have a good attitude? Are you unafraid to speak up and tell us what you think? Do you work for a higher purpose? Do you do whatever it takes to get the job done? If this sounds like you, we think you’d be a great fit at ATS Traffic – apply today!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.