Head Athletic Therapist
Calgary, AB /
Corporate Services – Athletics & Recreation /
APT Permanent Salary
Apply for this job
SAIT’s Athletic and Recreation department is a valuable part of the SAIT experience — and we are proud to support Trojans players in sports from hockey to golf. SAIT Recreation’s programs and facilities are designed to support active and healthy lifestyles for our students, staff, alumni and members of the public.
The role of Trojans IST (integrated support team) Lead & Head Athletic Therapist will be responsible for leading athletic therapy efforts for all Trojans teams, as well as creating and implementing a program wide IST strategy, including, but not limited to, overall athlete wellness (physical & mental health), strength & conditioning and return to play. This position requires extensive knowledge in these areas and the specialized skills of a trained & accredited Athletic Therapist.
- Create a Trojans wide IST plan to ensure student-athletes are healthy, fit & psychologically ready for optimal performance. Including relationship building with internal & external contacts to support IST plan.
- Lead RTP (return to play) programming for Trojans student-athletes including creating policies and procedures including concussion protocols & policies, as well as baseline testing & return to play clearance
- Provide all applicable care including injury prevention, education, acute and non-acute injury management, and rehabilitation for any injuries related to any Trojans varsity or club teams during both in- and off-season
- Teach, provide mentorship & assess student Athletic Therapists in clinical setting & in a field setting
- Provide emergency care to Trojan student-athletes and staff at practices and games
- Master schedule of clinic and games for Certified Athletic Therapists & Student Athletics Therapists
- Recruitment & scheduling of sport med physicians for applicable sports/games
- Communicate & provide administrative support to Manager and Athletic Director of Athletics and Recreation Department
- Lead administrative tasks for all IST initiatives – recruiting & training of SAIT medical employees, evaluate employee performance & plan/create administrative procedures for optimal medical tracking
- In the absence of the Director or Manager, or as requested, represent as SAIT leadership in:
- Employee relations (including hiring & firing)
- At ACAC & CCAA meetings
- Acting as head of delegation at ACAC & CCAA championships
Qualifications & Experience
- Registered member of Canadian Athletic Therapists Association (CATA) Certification in good standing.
- Emergency Medical Responder (EMR), Primary Care Paramedic (PCP), Advanced Care Paramedic (ACP) or Critical Care Paramedic (CCP) (or recognized equivalent certification in good standing
- Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Therapy, Kinesiology or related field from an accredited university; a Master’s Degree is preferred
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Athletic Therapy
- Previous experience working with high performance athletes, in a team environment, in a multi-sport environment or at an PSO/NSO level
- Preferred leadership/management experience
- Preferred experience working in high performance sport
- Demonstrated experience building connections with community partners
- Previous experience leading teams
- Superior communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and technological skills
Job classification: SUPERVISOR – P5932
Salary range: $60,000.00 – $74,812.03
# of positions: 1
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Posting closing date: 04/17/2023
SAIT is a global leader in applied education. Named one of Alberta’s Top Employers , we offer the chance to work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers.
Building on our 100+ year history, we’re looking for innovative, bold and collaborative employees who embrace change and deliver world-class customer experiences. Your future starts now at SAIT.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is essential to achieving SAIT’s vision to be a global leader in applied education. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Learn more about EDI at SAIT .
At SAIT, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding diverse perspectives to SAIT – so if your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
SAIT is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations upon request to the Talent Advisor.
BEWARE FALSE POSTINGS AND RECRUITING OFFERS
SAIT has been made aware of individuals or organizations posing as SAIT using false postings to attract job seekers and collect personal information. Please be aware that SAIT will never request sensitive personal information beyond what is required for an application.
Career opportunities at SAIT will always be posted on the SAIT career site and we encourage applicants to only apply directly through there. When your application is completed you will receive an email confirmation, if you did not receive one please check your junk mail or try applying through the SAIT career page again.
Apply for this job
Jobs powered by
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.