Hazardous Waste Technician

Brendar Environmental Inc.


Hazardous Waste Technician

Full time , Part time, AND Season positions available – ALL Relevant Training Provided

  • Want to help make a difference for the Environment?
  • Enjoy a busy, active work day?
  • Looking to be part of supportive, respectful work environment?

This Job suits a hardworking individual who is flexible and enjoys a VAREITY of work experiences. Approximately 80% of your time will be on-site as a waste technician handling both non-hazardous and hazardous waste materials. This involves shipping/receiving, collection, sorting and packaging and processing materials. The other aspect of this position (approx. 20% of your time) will be working Household Hazardous Waste collection events where residents are dropping off their paint, oil, and other items.

· $19.00/hr (with applicable qualifications)

Our people have made BRENDAR one of the most trusted hazardous waste management companies in Ontario over the last 25 years. Placing a strong emphasis on customer service, environmental responsibility, and a respectful enjoyable work environment amongst our staff. We have worked hard to earn a reputation for providing trusted, dependable, and flexible waste management and electronic recycling solutions for our clients.

At BRENDAR our CORE values are TRUST, KINDNESS and RESPECT. We are looking for good people who will contribute to a positive work environment rooted in Kindness and Respect and help develop our operational capabilities. If you are an individual who takes pride in your work we look forward to meeting with you.


  • Shipping/Receiving duties
  • Managing Inventories of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes
  • Sorting, identification, processing and labeling of waste materials
  • Prepare/review shipping documents
  • Loading/unloading materials (physical)
  • Assist with household hazardous waste collection events (various sites)
  • Assist with processing activities
  • Follow all health & safety requirements
  • Some Saturdays required

General Qualifications & Skills:

  • Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
  • Responsible, reliable and self-starter
  • Physically fit
  • Environmentally conscious person
  • Knowledge of WHIMS and strong safety practices
  • Forklift experience (An asset)

At Brendar we are always looking for quality people to help develop and expand our operations. If you are an individual who takes pride in the work you do, we encourage you to call us at 1-800-440-9744 ext.1

For further information and background on our company please refer to our website at www.brendar.com

Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Part-time hours: 40 per week

Salary: From $19.00 per hour


  • Dental care
  • Disability insurance
  • Extended health care


  • Monday to Friday
  • Weekend availability

Work Location: In person

Apply Now
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.

Leave a Reply