Ancillary Services provides a wide range of professionally managed campus services and amenities to enhance the student experience and support York University’s mission, vision and priorities. With a commitment to sustainability, equity, diversity and inclusion, Ancillary Services works with internal and external partners to provide exceptional experiences and enhance the quality of campus life in alignment with the University’s core values.Reporting to the Manager, Accommodation and Conference Services, the Guest Service Representative position provides high-quality front desk services to Housing residents and guests, handling multi-dimensional requests and activities to meet customer requirements for both resident and guest services. The Guest Service Representative is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the accommodation services available to members of the York Community and external clients including visiting professors, departmental guests, conference participants, and individual guests.
High school graduation diploma required. some post secondary courses in a related field preferred such as Hospitality Services. Business. Property Management.
2 years work experience in front desk customer service in a residential/hospitality/hotel environment including two years cash handling in a retail setting including POS, deposits and bill preparations is required. Experience with a hotel or StarRez accommodation management system would be an asset.
- Bookkeeping and cash handling skills including preparing billings and invoices, processing payments, preparing journal entries, reconciling cash summaries.
- Accurate data entry and processing skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy in working with figures and information.
– Problem- solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written and verbal formats.
- Tact and courtesy, demonstrated ability to deal calmly, courteously and effectively with the public.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills and ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgment.
- Flexibility in adapting to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle high work volume to meet deadlines.
- Respects diversity and promotes inclusion in the workplace, contributes to an inclusive and diverse team-based, positive work environment. Recognizes diversity of abilities and adapt content, tone, medium, and style to audience to be inclusive. Committed to continuous learning and skill building in diversity, inclusive and cultural competence
- Demonstrated computer skills including: Basic Word, Basic Excel, Basic data management skills (StarRez), Basic email (i.e. Outlook).
If you are a current York University employee in the YUSA-1 bargaining unit and/or are using your job posting rights under the collective agreement to view and apply for jobs, you must apply through the Employee Career Portal – YU Hire to be considered an internal applicant.
As per Article 12.02(f) of the YUSA-1 Collective Agreement, to be considered an internal applicant, employees in the YUSA-1 bargaining unit must submit the application 5 working days following the first day of posting. This is referred to as the ‘Posted Date’ on the job posting. Please refer to the ‘Posting Intent’ on the job posting.
York University offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by York University regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
We are committed to enhancing our environmentally and socially responsible practices for the benefit of all members of the York community. Our long term perspective recognizes our responsibility to be innovators and to continually work as a community to reduce our ecological impact.
York University employees must apply to jobs through the Employee Career Portal – YU Hire. If you are a current York University employee and/or are using your rights under a collective agreement to view and/or apply to jobs, you MUST log into YU Hire to access the York University Employee Career Portal.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications must be received by 11:55 pm EST on the posted deadline date, if applicable.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.