Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies – from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups – use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Our Growth team is on a mission to acquire, convert and grow millions of merchants globally across Stripe’s full suite of financial products. We are a cross functional team of engineers, scientists, marketers, designers and product managers who deliver the insights, algorithms, internal systems and tools, and user-facing experiences that fuel Stripe’s growth. In short, we make it easy for businesses around the world to act on their interest in Stripe.
What you’ll do
As the Growth Intelligence Data Science and Machine Learning Manager of Managers, you will lead and inspire a high-performing team to build and own data and machine learning driven products, internal tools, and user-facing experiences that power our go-to-market and product-led growth. You will build our recommendations and growth experimentation engines, measure and optimize key growth-related user experiences (e.g., onboarding flow, dashboard modules, Stripe.com, marketing content), and shape the product strategy of the entire Growth organization through data-driven insights.
- Work closely with engineering, product and business leaders to develop and execute on a data-first growth strategy that scales with Stripe
- Build, lead, and manage a high-performing team of scientists
- Mentor and grow managers and leaders, fostering a culture of high-performance and empathy
- Develop the long-term vision for Growth Intelligence, and create and deliver on an impactful execution roadmap
- Design and build high-quality business-critical machine learning powered systems that drive growth
- Provide technical thought leadership in the areas of applied machine learning and optimization
- Shape product strategy and business decisions across all teams, from Payments to Capital to Sales to Risk
- Shape and influence our data models and instrumentation to generate insights and unlock new data products
- Contribute to Data Science org-wide initiatives as part of the Data Science leadership team
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 10+ years of machine learning and data science experience including at least 5 years of management and experience managing other managers
- Experience building a team, defining its mission, and executing on its goals
- A PhD or MS in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Economics, Math, Sciences, Engineering)
- Expert knowledge of a scientific computing language (such as R or Python) and SQL
- Expertise in machine learning. Statistics and experimentation
- Organizational leadership experience, including experience collaborating with executive leadership
- Have successfully led large, geographically distributed teams
- Experience in recommender systems, product-led growth, and/or lifecycle marketing
- Experience developing external and internal machine-learning driven products
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.