StFX is a top ranking Canadian university and we are seeking a Grounds & Transport Supervisor to be part of the team at Facilities Management. This is a full time position reporting directly to the Manager, Maintenance. The successful candidate must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and have the ability to motivate others. They must also be skilled in problem solving, decision making and planning, with excellent knowledge of regulatory codes and requirements and of performance management.
- Plan, organize and supervise grounds crew to ensure that required and planned repairs, modifications and installation activities related to athletic fields, general turf areas, shrub borders, trees, sidewalks, entrances, streets and parking lots are completed in a safe, economical, durable, aesthetically pleasing and timely manner.
- Plan, organize and supervise transport crew to ensure that required moving requests are completed in a safe, economical and timely manner.
- Monitor the quality of grounds maintenance and repair work and transport move and direct & evaluate performance through regular inspection and direct supervision. Ensure work is completed in accordance with established standards.
- Field manage contracted companies and their personnel (snow removal, asphalt paving, waste collection, moving companies, etc.) and services to ensure satisfactory and acceptable performance standards and specifications.
- Maintain current knowledge of any new products or equipment that may aid in improving safety, productivity, and efficiency of grounds maintenance. Maintain and continuously improve maintenance schedules and processes based on new technologies.
- A Diploma in Business Administration, Horticulture or Agriculture is beneficial.
- Proven track record of leadership and supervision in a unionized environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and superior organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word) and ability to learn new programs efficiently and thoroughly (TMA, MesAmis, ADP, Kinetic Software)
- Proven ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative and be a self-starter
- Commitment to delivering exceptional value and great experience to customers
- Valid driver’s license
- Confidentiality and discretion required
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,640.00-$67,975.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Antigonish, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Landscape maintenance: 3 years (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-02-03
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.