Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply.
If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or position at McGill University), do not apply through this Career Site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting using the Find Jobs report (type Find Jobs in the search bar).
Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies is seeking candidates for Student Assistant positions related to special projects to create resources, tools and programming that will enhance the graduate student experience at McGill. The candidate will provide assistance with designing tools and programming, assessment, communications, event coordination, and community outreach. The position is open to masters and doctoral students interested in developing their knowledge and skills in program development.
- Designing programs (e.g. workshops), resources, (e.g. videos) and other student engagement activities (e.g. panels, webinars)
- Developing content for resources and programming (e.g. creating handouts, facilitator guides and PowerPoints)
- Communicating with stakeholders (e.g. university partners, speakers, and/or participants)
- Organizing and promoting events.
- Gathering and summarizing information used for planning and evaluation
- Preparing project documentation and reports
- Developing and maintaining web and social media content
- Designing and implementing data gathering instruments (e.g. interviews, online surveys)
- Participating in training and relevant professional development activities
- Excellent oral, written, and visual communication and presentation skills.
- Teamwork, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Strong organization and ability to prioritize
- Strong information literacy skills (e.g. ability to define, research terms, search online databases, journals, websites, amalgamate information, and critically evaluate resources)
- Ability to work with Office 365 (e.g. Teams, PowerPoint, Excel), zoom and social media platforms
- Experience and/or interest in working in the domain of student engagement, personal and professional development is an asset
- Fluency in French is an asset
Hours per Week:
15 (Part time)
James Admin. Bldg.
Associate Director, Student Engagement
Position Start Date:
Position End Date:
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, [email protected] .
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.