Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply.
If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or position at McGill University), do not apply through this Career Site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting using the Find Jobs report (type Find Jobs in the search bar).
Grader positions for the Summer 2023 semester.
Mining and Materials Engineering
For the job description and complete information for each position, please refer to the job postings list on our website www.mcgill.ca/minmat .
Number of hours vary by position.
Positions currently available:
- MIME 345 – Applications of Polymers (1 position at 12 hours – Course date June 2, 2023 to July 28, 2023)
- MIME 424 – Underground Mining Methods (1 position at 19 hours – Course dates July 10, 2023 to August 23, 2023)
- MIME 428 – Environmental Mining Engineering (1 position at 10 hours – Course dates July 11, 2023 to August 24, 2023)
- MIME 467 – Electronic Properties of Materials (1 position at 48 hours – Course dates June 6, 2023 to July 27, 2023)
- MIME 480 – Industrial Training 3 (1 position at 20 hours – Course dates May 1, 2023 to August 29, 2023)
- MIME 588 – Reliability Analysis of Mining Systems (1 position at 36 hours – Course dates May 15, 2023 to June 16, 2023)
Number of Positions: 6
Total Hours of Work per Term: Number of hours vary by position.
Hourly Salary: $16.50
Posting end date: April 16, 2023 (posting ends at midnight)
* IMPORTANT: External Candidates not currently employed by McGill must use a personal email when creating an account to submit their application. Do not use @mail.mcgill.ca or @mcgill.ca email accounts for this.
Immigration Stipulation (Obligatory for non-Canadian candidates without permanent residency who will reside in Canada only): In accordance with Canadian and Quebec law, the present offer is conditional upon your obtaining the appropriate work authorization from any or all of the following as applicable: Citizenship & Immigration Canada, Immigration Quebec and Employment & Social Development Canada (ESDC).
McGill University is committed to equity and diversity within its community and values academic rigour and excellence. We welcome and encourage applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to engage productively with diverse communities.
At McGill, research that reflects diverse intellectual traditions, methodologies, and modes of dissemination and translation is valued and encouraged. Candidates are invited to demonstrate their research impact both within and across academic disciplines and in other sectors, such as government, communities, or industry.
McGill further recognizes and fairly considers the impact of leaves (e.g., family care or health-related) that may contribute to career interruptions or slowdowns. Candidates are encouraged to signal any leave that affected productivity, or that may have had an effect on their career path. This information will be considered to ensure the equitable assessment of the candidate’s record.
McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated equity groups to self-identify. It further seeks to ensure the equitable treatment and full inclusion of persons with disabilities by striving for the implementation of universal design principles transversally, across all facets of the University community, and through accommodation policies and procedures . Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, [email protected] .
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.