International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
Job Opening ID: 222269
Job Community : Questions économiques et sociales et développement
Job Household : Path de programmes
Class and Stage : Skilled and Greater Classes, P-4
Obligation Station : MONTREAL
Division/Workplace : Worldwide Civil Aviation Group
Date Posted : Nov 20, 2023
Deadline : Dec 21, 2023
Org. Setting and Reporting
Underneath the general path of the Workplace of the Secretary Common (OSG), the Strategic Planning, Coordination and Partnerships Workplace (SPCP) advises and leads on, manages and coordinates the implementation of the ICAO Gender Equality Programme, in shut session with Bureau of Administration and Companies (ADB), the Capability Growth and Implementation Bureau (CDI) and different Bureaus/Places of work at HQ in addition to Regional Places of work. It liaises with UN Ladies and different UN entities on the United Nations System Huge Motion on Gender Equality (UNSWAP) and the United Nation’s Secretary-Common Technique on Gender Parity. SPCP additionally leads on and coordinates the implementation of the outcomes of the International Aviation Gender Summit 2023 Name to Motion.
SPCP can also be accountable for the event of, monitoring and reporting on the ICAO long run strategic planning and Enterprise Plan, consistent with the Outcomes Primarily based Administration (RBM) strategy; the Enterprise Danger Administration (ERM) Framework; the Accountability Framework, all of which type the premise for useful resource allocation and help the Secretary Common to watch its accountability and efficiency with respect to the implementation of initiatives.
Within the space of innovation in aviation, the SPCP Workplace additionally coordinates and helps data sharing throughout the group on this matter and identifies alternatives to advance modern approaches in aviation. The SPCP has additionally the duty to facilitate the event of, monitoring and reporting on cross-organizational partnerships in addition to to leverage such strategic partnerships in air transport techniques’ enhancements for Member States.
Consistent with the ICAO Meeting Decision A41-26: ICAO Gender Equality Programme selling the participation of girls within the world aviation sector, in addition to the Sustainable Growth Purpose 5, and reporting to the Head, Strategic Planning, Coordination and Partnerships (SPCP), the incumbent will coordinate and handle the implementation of actions in relation to outreach and advocacy alternatives for gender equality in aviation, in shut partnership with related United Nations our bodies, States, worldwide organizations and aviation trade stakeholders, in addition to actions in assist of the implementation of the Gender Equality Programme and monitoring thereof, because it pertains to enhancing gender equality within the aviation sector, and some other duties s/he is likely to be requested to carry out.
Function1 (incl. Anticipated outcomes)
As a follow-up to the Name to Motion of the International Aviation Gender Summit 2023, conceptualizes and establishes a International Ambassadors Programme, together with improvement of multifaceted and advocacy and outreach campaigns to advertise gender equality, variety and inclusivity in worldwide civil aviation, attaining outcomes akin to:
• Articulate clear idea, scope, goals, and anticipated outcomes for institution of a International Ambassador Programme consistent with Decision A41-26 and the Name to Motion of the International Aviation Gender Summit 2023.
• Design an in depth plan for institution of such a Programme together with deliverables, milestones, and related value implications to facilitate common standing updates.
• Guarantee efficient stakeholder engagement in addition to cross-organizational and accomplice session in creating the programme.
• Develop, as a part of the International Ambassadors Programme, focused advocacy campaigns to lift consciousness on key points associated to gender equality in aviation, in addition to thematic and focused youth and future generations outreach.
• Interact successfully and co-ordinate throughout the organizations’ related workstreams, dependencies and stakeholders.
Operate 2 (incl. Anticipated outcomes)
Operationalizes, manages and screens the implementation of the gender equality, variety and inclusivity International Ambassadors Programme, attaining outcomes akin to:
• Roll out and handle the implementation of the International Ambassador Programme, together with institution of the community of Ambassadors with clear roles and duties, in addition to modalities and phrases of engagement of those people.
• Put together and execute coaching classes for the Ambassadors.
• Monitor, report and supply progress updates successfully.
• Consider and assess general effectiveness and high quality of deliverables.
• Handle danger and mitigation methods successfully.
• Take the lead within the identification of alternatives to have interaction the International Ambassadors, in addition to prioritization of tasks below the Programme, when wanted.
Operate 3 (incl. Anticipated outcomes)
Facilitates better consciousness within the aviation ecosystem round key points on gender equality, variety and inclusion in addition to collaboration by means of knowledge-sharing, classes learnt and alternate of expertise, attaining outcomes akin to:
• Lead on the event of research, steerage and instruments to help Member States and trade stakeholders in implementing matters akin to gender insurance policies, mainstreaming, cultural transformation and so on.
• Facilitate the alternate of greatest practices, experiences and success tales throughout the aviation ecosystem, which might in flip be replicated and scaled up by different stakeholders to establish and handle current gaps.
• Develop partnerships with key constituencies akin to UN system, worldwide organizations, trade stakeholders in addition to civil society organizations to elicit assist for and maximize influence of promotional goals.
• Put together progress experiences for presentation to the Secretariat senior administration, the Committee on Governance, the Council, and the Meeting.
• Conduct analysis and benchmarking on gender and variety insurance policies and practices inside the UN Frequent System, Member States, and aviation trade companions and stakeholders.
• Develop official documentation, displays and speeches.
Operate 4 (incl. Anticipated outcomes)
Conducts and coordinates well-chosen outreach and community actions associated to gender together with the event and preparation of occasions, materials, documentation, experiences, and displays associated to outreach and advocacy on gender equality, variety and inclusivity in aviation, attaining outcomes akin to:
• Handle a world community of gender focal factors, facilitating data sharing among the many members of this world community.
• Take the lead within the improvement and roll-out of future International Aviation Gender Summits.
• Conceptualize and arrange varied workshops, webinars, and different advocacy occasions on the world and regional ranges, together with figuring out audio system, making ready the programme, situations and notes, and organizing classes and side-events.
• Collaborate in improvement and roll-out of occasions in commemoration of Worldwide Ladies’s Day.
• Analysis the most recent knowledge on gender, collaborate with acceptable Bureaus and stakeholders and guarantee knowledge informs varied occasions’ agenda-setting and messaging.
• Conduct analysis as required and offers materials to be printed on the ICAO gender web site.
• Successfully reply to public enquiries on gender equality in aviation.
Operate 5 (incl. Anticipated outcomes)
Manages the implementation of the Meeting Decision A41-26, together with coordination of the implementation of the ICAO Gender Equality Programme, and its Implementation Plan, in addition to manages the Gender Equality venture as a part of the Transformational Goal, attaining outcomes akin to:
• Facilitate coordination of the implementation, and follow-up and reporting of the ICAO Gender Equality Programme, in session with HR, CDI and different Bureaus/Places of work at HQ and Regional Places of work.
• Coordinate implementation in shut collaboration with acceptable bureaus and stakeholders of the funded actions within the International Aviation Gender Summit 2023 Name to Motion
• Lead on the event of progress experiences for presentation to the Council, and the Meeting.
• Develop talking Notes and briefing papers on gender for senior administration.
• Assist the coordination of the evaluate of ICAO coverage paperwork and different regulatory and programme paperwork, and, the place required, make suggestions on enhancements to include gender views.
• Keep Gender Equality Programme intranet website and Bureau/Workplace Gender Focal Factors community.
• Assist the point of interest in proposing and coordinating coaching actions and interventions associated to gender mainstreaming.
• Present common assist to the work of the Small Group on Gender and/or different Council our bodies.
Operate 6 (incl. Anticipated outcomes)
Facilitates liaison between ICAO and the United Nations System in relation to monitoring, monitoring and reporting on ICAO’s progress in implementation of the UN accountability frameworks, attaining outcomes akin to:
• Facilitate liaison between ICAO and the UN system, notably UN Ladies, to make sure ICAO’s general progress and contribution in the direction of system-wide enhancement of gender equality and ladies empowerment.
• Handle the implementation, monitoring and reporting on the UN System-Huge Motion Plan (UNSWAP) on gender equality and gender mainstreaming, submit well timed progress experiences and supply enter to queries from UN.
• Coordinate the implementation, monitoring and reporting on the United Nations Secretary Common’s Technique on Gender Parity and submit well timed progress experiences to UN Ladies.
• Symbolize ICAO in related conferences and guarantee ICAO and aviation perspective is correctly communicated in related fora.
Operate 7 (incl. Anticipated outcomes)
Performs different associated duties, as assigned.
Professionalism: Wonderful networker and team-player; wonderful writing abilities to facilitate improvement of assorted paperwork, together with working papers, insurance policies, agreements, venture proposals and promotional materials; logical thinker with robust analytical abilities. Reveals satisfaction in work and in achievements; demonstrates skilled competence and mastery of material; is conscientious and environment friendly in assembly commitments, observing deadlines and attaining outcomes; is motivated by skilled relatively than private considerations; reveals persistence when confronted with tough issues or challenges; stays calm in demanding conditions. Takes duty for incorporating gender views and making certain the equal participation of ladies and men in all areas of labor.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to realize organizational targets; solicits enter by genuinely valuing others’ concepts and experience; is prepared to study from others; locations workforce agenda earlier than private agenda; helps and acts in accordance with remaining group determination, even when such choices might not totally replicate personal place; shares credit score for workforce accomplishments and accepts joint duty for workforce shortcomings.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and successfully; listens to others, appropriately interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks inquiries to make clear, and reveals curiosity in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, model, and format to match the viewers; demonstrates openness in sharing data and retaining folks knowledgeable.
Planning and Organizing: Develops clear targets which might be per agreed methods; identifies precedence actions and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates acceptable period of time and sources for finishing work; foresees dangers and permits for contingencies when planning; screens and adjusts plans and actions as needed; makes use of time effectively.
Accountability: Takes possession of all duties and honours commitments; delivers outputs for which one has duty inside prescribed time, value and high quality requirements; operates in compliance with organizational laws and guidelines; helps subordinates, offers oversight and takes duty for delegated assignments; takes private duty for his/her personal shortcomings and people of the work unit, the place relevant.
Judgment and Resolution-making: Identifies the important thing points in a posh state of affairs, and involves the center of the issue rapidly; gathers related data earlier than making a call; considers constructive and adverse impacts of selections prior to creating them; takes choices with an eye fixed to the influence on others and on the Group; proposes a plan of action or makes a suggestion based mostly on all accessible data; checks assumptions in opposition to info; determines that the actions proposed will fulfill the expressed and underlying wants for the choice; makes powerful choices when needed.
• A primary-level college diploma, in enterprise or public administration, legislation, economics, improvement research, worldwide relations, or in a associated discipline, is required.
Job – Particular Qualification
• A minimal of ten (10) years of expertise working for a authorities authority, worldwide group and/or personal sector on coverage improvement, outreach, advocacy, promotion campaigns to advance partnerships in assist of sustainable improvement, gender equality and variety is required.
• Demonstrated expertise in venture administration in a multinational context, requiring complicated coordination with various stakeholders (governments, the UN system, monetary establishments, personal sector, and so on.) is required.
• Expertise in partnership improvement in addition to leveraging exterior partnerships in a nationwide or worldwide setting is required.
• Expertise in civil aviation is fascinating
• Expertise in conducting analysis on gender evaluation and gender mainstreaming is fascinating.
• Fluent studying, writing and talking skills in English.
• A working data of some other language of the Group (Arabic, Chinese language, French, Russian, Spanish).
Apply for job
To assist us observe our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this job posting.