Work with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. We are the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world’s most complex challenges and build legacies for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We’re one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.
AECOM is seeking a Senior GIS Data Engineer / Systems Architect for immediate employment within our Technology Solutions Department in the Austin, TX office. The position provides the opportunity to work on exciting, challenging, and high-profile transportation projects.
The Senior GIS Data Engineer and Systems Architect will be responsible for overseeing the design, development, and implementation of GIS data infrastructure, systems architecture, systems integration, and GIS applications specifically focused on transportation-related data. As a Senior GIS Data Engineer and Systems Architect, you will lead a team of work with and mentor a skilled team of GIS personnel, data engineers and architects, working closely with business stakeholders, including city, county, or state DOT and transportation agencies, to ensure that our solutions are AECOM and Client goals. Join a team of experienced technology solution experts to create innovative solutions applying new and emerging technology to transportation.
Job Functions include:
- Develop and implement GIS data management policies and procedures to ensure the accuracy, completeness, and security of our organization’s transportation-related GIS data
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, including city, county, or state DOT and transportation agencies, to understand their transportation-related GIS data needs and develop solutions that meet their requirements
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to team members, ensuring that they have the necessary resources and tools to complete their work effectively
- Mentor and develop staff, building a strong team of GIS data engineers and architects
- Be the technical lead on all transportation-related GIS data projects
- Manage the development and maintenance of GIS data models, ETL pipelines, and other transportation-related GIS data-related tools and systems
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in the field of transportation-related GIS data engineering and systems architecture and provide recommendations for their implementation within the organization
- Develop Presentations to internal and external customers.
- Efficiently manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Good communication skills and team spirit
- Work in a collaborative, fast-paced team environment.
BA/BS + 6 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- BA/BS + 8 years of relevant Experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience or education in transportation-related GIS data engineering or systems architecture, with a proven track record of successfully managing complex transportation-related GIS data projects
- Experienced in ESRI suite of software, including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, Collector for ArcGIS, Survey 123, Web App Builder Developer, and custom widgets development
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing a team
- Ability to mentor and develop staff
- Proficient in databases including SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and other Database Technologies
- Ability to create, modify, and maintain custom scripts and routines for processes automation and applications
- Exposure with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience working with city, county, and state DOTs
- UI/UX design experience
- Other Software/Tools – Tableau, Power BI, MS Power Apps, Rstudio, Jupyter, Spyder, Ipython
- Offered rate of compensation (Texas locations only) will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The salary range for this position is $94,000 – $160,000/yr.
- AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, voluntary benefits, perks, wellness and global well-being, and global EAP, Business Travel and Service Awards programs.
AECOM is the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $13.1 billion in fiscal year 2022. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.