Frequency Geophysics Inc.
Frequency Geophysics Inc. is seeking dependable individuals to provide manual and technical assistance with core processing and data collection at Vale’s drill core processing facilities in Thompson, Manitoba.
- Help retrieve drill cores from drill sites, core farm and yard.
- Organize, rack, store, label and photograph drill cores.
- Stack and strap core boxes on wood pallets.
- Process drill cores including core cutting and core sampling.
- Assist with geotechnical and geological data collection and core logging following established procedures. This may involve field mapping and assisting project geologists at off-site core logging facilities in the Thompson area.
- Participate in all pre-operating inspections, workplace inspections, toolbox meetings and safety meetings.
- Operate and assist in the basic maintenance of equipment (vehicles, pallet jacks, forklift, core saw, rock saw, etc.).
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Follow safety policies, procedures, best practices and government regulations at all times.
Training – Education:
- High School Diploma mandatory. College Diploma in relevant field preferred.
- Self-motivated, Safety-conscious, Flexible, Dependable and pays strict attention to detail.
- Basic computer skills (experience with MS office products).
- Valid Class G Driver’s License mandatory.
- This position includes regular periods during which there is continuous physical activity (e.g. walking, standing, lifting material (core boxes) or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward (50lbs))
- Frequent exposures to factors such as temperature variations, moving machinery, noise, humidity, which may cause discomfort.
- Frequent need to give concentrated attention, with one or two senses at a time.
- Tasks can be very repetitive and work environment unchanging.
- There may be noticeable pressure from deadlines, production requirements, accuracy or similar demands.
Completion of the following preferred:
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- Additional training will be provided as required
Job Type: Contract
Hourly rate: $24 to $32
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00-$30.00 per hour
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Secondary School (required)
- First Aid Certification (preferred)
- Driver’s license (required)
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.