Graceview Enterprises Inc.
Graceview Enterprises Inc. was established in 1977, during this time we accumulated over 40 years of experience in the construction of a wide range of buildings. Our construction contracts have included a broad mix of stipulated price, construction management, and design-build arrangements.
Vital to the success of every project is our solid core of long-service, skilled employees, familiar with a wide variety of construction types and methods. Office staff and technical resources are available for prompt assistance to site personnel for effective problem-solving and to ensure uninterrupted progress.
Due to strong growth in our business and continued plans for expansion, Graceview Enterprises is looking for a GM in Training who is passionate about working with our team. The General Manager ‘In Training’ as a member of the Leadership Team, reporting to the President and assisting the General Manager (GM), is required to interact professionally with all employees as well as trades and suppliers, representing Graceview’s core values consistently through example. Similarly, to communicate and interact with clients and consultants, presenting Graceview as the go-to construction firm; the firm of choice for practical guidance/assistance, project budgeting and project delivery. It is the intent of this position to undertake the role of General Manager once the current GM retires.
The start date and onboarding process for this position will be determined in consultation with the successful candidate.
As the GM in Training, your essential duties and expectations will include:
- Holds responsibility to assist the GM to ensure that there are the required amount of Site Supervisors, Carpenters and Labourers throughout the year
- Holds responsibility to assist the GM in taking ownership for the operations, staffing, safety, and successful completion of active projects throughout the year ensuring a minimum Net Profit of 5% or greater
- Holds responsibility to to assist the GM in training Site Supervisors, Carpenters and Labourers
- Ensures a High-Quality Standard – 100% client satisfaction rating
- Holds the responsibility to assist the GM in ensuring all fleet and equipment are maintained throughout the year
- Fosters an enthusiastic, creative, “can-do” attitude, and shares the responsibility for the Company success in reaching its goals and helping to develop the team
- Building construction and/or design experience – managerial experience preferred
- Functional knowledge of the Building Code and relevant regulations
- Post-secondary education in a design and/or construction management related field
- Computer hardware and software familiarity
- Interest in PM software training and improvement (i.e. Procore)
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written
- Ability to develop and maintain a team-involved environment
- Problem solving skills re. team partner relationships
- Ability to listen, discern and decide
- Problem solving skills: practical re. construction details
- Sound ethical decision making
- Willingness to gain training/certification in related fields; Gold Seal Certificate would be an asset.
- Must be able to secure a vulnerable sector police check.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $100,000.00-$135,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Belmont, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Institutional Construction: 3 years (preferred)
- Site Supervisory: 5 years (required)
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.