BLANCHE MACDONALD CENTRE
The Company; BLANCHE MACDONALD
Who we are:
The Blanche Macdonald Centre has provided an unparalleled world-class education in the creative arts since 1960. With a celebrated roster of award-winning faculty and graduates, the college has established itself as an educational leader in the areas of fashion and beauty. Blanche Macdonald has always been at the forefront of advanced education. The College is recognized worldwide for delivering an international-based curriculum that responds to the needs of the industry. With our specialized focus on the Applied and Creative Arts, the College can foster a dynamic, collaborative and reality-based learning environment that best prepares our graduates for industry success.
At Blanche Macdonald, we believe in bridges, not walls. We believe in unity, not division. And we believe in love, not hate. Diversity and inclusivity are at the core of everything we do. These values are imprinted on our DNA. We embrace, cherish, celebrate, and encourage diversity and difference.
Walk through our doors and our students gain more than an education. They gain a family for life. The same holds true for those who choose a career with us. While we are an eclectic and idiosyncratic mix of individuals, we all share the same core values. These are the ties that bind. You will be collaborating with a team of experienced industry professionals who share your goal of providing a quality education in a fun and collaborative environment.
What you Bring:
You are respectful to all types of diversities.
You must be extremely initiative-taking and passionate about education and the Hair industry.
You are meticulous, confident, and foster communication with a sense of community.
You are eager to share your knowledge and support, offering guidance to the future working professional
Excellent people skills: kindness, empathy, and a strong sense of responsibility
A skilled problem solver, able to provide support and help with warmth and positivity.
- 5 years Industry experience
- Red seal certified or willingness to get Red Seal
- Strong Knowledge with Hair colour
- Instructional or Education experience an asset
- Experience handling sensitive situations and able to exercise sound judgement
- Solid conflict resolution skills
- Understands WCB safety protocols re: COVID-19
- Certification in Pre Emp or Barbicide sanitation training.
- Ability to work well with others as a team, and maintain flexibility in a dynamic work environment
- Sound supervisory skills with the proficiency to direct a diverse student body
- Organizational abilities to perform lesson plans from a curriculum.
- Skillset to work with online teaching aids.
Direct all resumes and cover Letters to debby.p ( @ ) blanchemacdonald.com
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Industry: 5 years (required)
- Red Seal or Willing to get Red Seal (preferred)
- Pre Emp or Barbicide sanitation training (preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.