Yorkville University & Toronto Film School
The same philosophy of personal attention that distinguishes Yorkville Education Company as a leading provider of post-secondary education also makes us an exceptional place to work. We are a modern and progressive institution that prioritizes diversity, opens doors to those often overlooked and provides pathways to successful careers.
Yorkville Education LP launched in 2004 with a simple idea: to offer people in search of a purposeful path with the flexible, rigorous and career-focused degrees they need to succeed. With campuses in Ontario, British Columbia and New Brunswick, we equip our online and on-campus graduates from both Yorkville University and Toronto Film School with the professional knowledge, skills and designations that employers seek out. Every member of our team – from the President, right on down to the newest hire – shares a passion for learning, teaching and growing, both as individuals and as a collective. While our focus remains on providing our students with transformative, accessible and flexible higher education pathways, we also nurture an inclusive, supportive and genuinely kind work environment for our employees in three provinces.
If you want to help transform the Canadian post-secondary education landscape and shine a light on academic excellence, please join us.
Who we need:
Our industry leading BBA program has been consistently growing and we have created brand-new full-time Faculty openings. These openings are available for the winter term starting January 2023 and onward. Apply with full confidence if you have the right background and are interested in teaching 4-5 courses in the following areas:
Supply Chain Management:
1. Advanced Operations and Supply Chain Management
3. Business Process Improvement
4. Supply Chain Integration and Analytics
1. Logistics Management
2. Project Execution, Monitoring, Control and Closing
3. Advanced Project Management
Business Courses (intermediate and advanced):
1. Business Organization Analysis
2. Business Analytics and Intelligence
3. Contemporary Issues in Business: A Case Approach
4. Information Technology for Managers
5. Business Law
6. Strategic Management
7. Managing Organizational Change
8. Business Plan
Accounting Courses (intermediate and advanced):
1. Intermediate Accounting 1 – Assets
2. Intermediate Managerial Accounting
3. Intermediate Accounting 2- Liabilities and Equities
4. Introduction to Managerial Finance
5. Introduction to Managerial Accounting
6. Introduction to Financial Accounting
What you will do:
· Coaching students, managing their performance, and ensuring their success
· Managing discussion boards (for online courses) and in-class activities (for on-campus courses)
· Timely marking and feedback for all student submissions
· Timely response to student inquiries and comments
· Conduct some research work
· Participate and contribute to other campus activities
What you bring:
· A minimum of Master’s degree in a related business discipline is required
· A minimum of 3 years of teaching experience at post-secondary level is required
· Industry experience and inter-disciplinary expertise is preferred
· Advanced fluency in English – spoken, written, presentation, email
· Skills in communication, confidence, listening, collaboration, adaptability, empathy, and patience
· Student centricity, real-world learning, best teaching practices and a lifelong love of learning
· Strong work ethic, disciplined and professional
Preference is given to applicants with:
· Relevant doctorate degrees in business discipline or related
· Online and blended teaching experience
· Relevant industry and/or research experience
· Flexible availability/schedule, including teaching on weekends
What’s in it for you:
We provide a transformative, accessible and flexible higher education environment, our team shares a passion for learning, teaching, and growing. We nurture an inclusive, supportive, and diverse work environment throughout our three campus locations.
· Health Benefits
· Dental Coverage
· Competitive Salary
· Fun, competitive, and challenging work environment
· Guaranteed salary plus commission
· Incentives and rewards
· Career growth
· Free Tuition for all Yorkville University Programs
· Employee and Family Assistance Program
What does the best of all worlds mean at Yorkville Education?
· An atmosphere that successfully blends an entrepreneurial culture with education. We value innovation and continuously look towards expanding our programming, working with the latest research, tools, and solutions. As a private school with government approval of our offerings, we have the opportunity to do more, stay current, and be future-forward.
· The chance to accelerate your career and disrupt education by responding to the needs you see and purposefully challenging the status quo. Everything we do here is about delighting and engaging our employees – and ultimately our students- from mentorship to teaching, from creative outlets to analytical ones.
· A place where all individuals feel welcomed in the academic and workplace environments and can bring their authentic selves to the educational and work spheres. We celebrate the full range of human diversity, and we acknowledge that equal access to opportunities and services may require the removal of barriers that equity-seeking communities experience in trying to obtain this access.
· The opportunity to grow with access to free courses, certifications, and programs – right up to our Doctorate offerings.
· An appreciation for the insights and skills you bring to work with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including a wide breadth of wellness services, and a work-life balance.
We welcome and appreciate candidates with a range of backgrounds and experiences. If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, express your interest now.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are a critical component of life at Yorkville Education Company and we are committed to making these values an integral part of our culture. We encourage applications from all qualified applicants, including women, persons with disabilities, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), people from the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Queer, Questioning, Two-Spirit, Intersex, Asexual + (LGBTQ2SIA+) community, and other equity-seeking groups.
Yorkville University is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability, please notify Human Resources at 1-877-429-4029.
Job Type: Full-time
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.