Connective Support Society|Connective Support Society
Ft Housing Support Worker (Multiple Positions Available) Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Ft Housing Support Worker (Multiple Positions Available) in our company, Connective Support Society. This vacancy is based in Whitehorse YT. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Ft Housing Support Worker (Multiple Positions Available) Job
Company: Connective Support Society
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Whitehorse YT
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-04-06
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
Connective is a dynamic non-profit organization that provides innovative programming in the social services sector. We strive to create safe, healthy, and inclusive communities for all.
This position will provide casework and clinical support to residents of Connective Support Society programs in order to enhance their quality of life, to ensure the orderly and safe operation of the facility, and to maintain the goals of the counselling and/or rehabilitative plans.
HOURS (Multiple Positions Available)
- Monday to Wednesday, 1900-0730 (37.5 hours per week)
- Wednesday to Friday, 1900-0730 (37.5 hours per week)
- Provides crisis management and intervention by responding to emergency situations within the facility through conflict-resolution, suicide prevention, and de-escalation techniques.
- Completes shelter intake and orients shelter guests on the facility and available resources, on-site guest rights and responsibilities, and key policies and procedures.
- Maintains oversight of the facility as required and complete regular and routine walk-through checks within and outside the facility.
- Provides advocacy supports on of residents and guests, ensuring they have equitable access to housing, resources, and services.
- Prepares and maintains up-to-date case notes and comprehensive individual records in a professional manner that protects residents’ and guests’ privacy and confidentiality.
- Participates regularly in team meetings and makes recommendations to Supervisors and/or the Program Manager regarding service delivery gaps, program development, policies, procedures, and best practices, to better meet residents’ and guests’ support needs.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a proven ability to work within a fast-paced, growth-focused environment. The ideal candidate has:
- A Diploma in Social services and one-year related experience is preferred; inhouse training can be provided to the right candidate
- Professional or lived experience working with vulnerable populations with a history of conflict with law, developmental disabilities and/or spectrum disorders, experiencing homelessness, mental health and substance use challenges
- Ability to manage time efficiently, high level of accuracy, and attention to detail
- A demonstrated and clear ability to respond well in crisis situations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and professional working relationships with team members, clients, partners, and stakeholders
- Ability to successfully complete a Vulnerable Persons Criminal Records Check
- Ability to successfully complete a TB Screening
- Ability to successfully pass a reference check
- Current Emergency First Aid Certificate
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination
- An understanding of providing service to people with different learning abilities
- Demonstrated an ability to deal with potential violence
The starting wage is $31.12 per hour plus benefits enrollment.
WHAT WE OFFER?
- Committed Living Wage Employer
- Competitive benefits package, including health, wellness, and pension plan
- Career and personal development, with the ability to grow in a diverse range of programs and departments
- Access to a range of staff mental health supports, including an in-house counsellor, Employee Family Assistance Program, and Critical Incidents Stress Management
- Access to On-Demand Pay to withdraw earned wages before payday
- Connective is part of a portability program where employees moving from a CSSEA-member employer to Connective will port their service hours for vacation and wage purposes (within last 12 months)
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
At Connective, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff have the opportunity and are supported to thrive. To build a strong and representative workforce, we strongly encourage applications from BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities or other marginalized communities.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
You can apply to this job and others using your online resume. Click the link below to submit your online resume and email your application to this employer.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.