Responsible in welcoming and facilitating the check-in and check-out of hotel guests, participants and delegates. Respond to guests, peers, ELC staff and management requests. Capable of handling various administrative tasks in a fast and efficient manner ensuring a positive experience for all guests, students and employees of the Executive Learning Centre (ELC) at the Schulich School of Business.
High School graduation with administrative and/or customer service training or equivalent.
At least 1-year customer service experience is required in a hotel front desk and in a busy establishment. Direct hands-on experience with OPERA, PMS system is required.
- Must be able to type at least 56 w.p.m. Applicant will be tested for accuracy and speed.
- Must have good knowledge and skills in word processing and spreadsheets.
- Must have good knowledge of math and cashiering skills.
- Must have excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have excellent corporate bearing and telephone etiquette skills.
- Must be highly organized and can effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High level of patience and thrives well under pressure.
- Very good attention to details, innovative and can take initiative.
- Must be a team player.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality are essential in this position.
This position requires the candidate to produce a verification of degree(s), credential(s), or equivalencies from accredited institutions and/or international equivalents at the time of the interview.
If you are a current York University employee in the YUSA-1 bargaining unit and/or are using your job posting rights under the collective agreement to view and apply for jobs, you must apply through the Employee Career Portal – YU Hire to be considered an internal applicant.
As per Article 12.02(f) of the YUSA-1 Collective Agreement, to be considered an internal applicant, employees in the YUSA-1 bargaining unit must submit the application 5 working days following the first day of posting. This is referred to as the ‘Posted Date’ on the job posting. Please refer to the ‘Posting Intent’ on the job posting.
York University offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by York University regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
We are committed to enhancing our environmentally and socially responsible practices for the benefit of all members of the York community. Our long term perspective recognizes our responsibility to be innovators and to continually work as a community to reduce our ecological impact.
York University employees must apply to jobs through the Employee Career Portal – YU Hire. If you are a current York University employee and/or are using your rights under a collective agreement to view and/or apply to jobs, you MUST log into YU Hire to access the York University Employee Career Portal.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications must be received by 11:55 pm EST on the posted deadline date, if applicable.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.