St. Mary's University
Fitness & Athletics Coordinator (Part Time)
(Parental Leave Coverage)
ABOUT ST. MARY’S UNIVERSITY:
St. Mary’s University is an innovative teaching and research university that provides affordable, accredited and highly valued degrees in the Liberal Arts, Sciences and Education. St. Mary’s is the only unaffiliated Catholic university in western Canada and celebrates over 30 years as an educational institution.
Located on a historic site in Calgary, Alberta, our students are inspired to combine academics with a passionate commitment to ethics, social justice and respect for diversity of opinion and belief. St. Mary’s has over 1000 full- and part-time students, 150 full- and part-time faculty and staff, and an average class size of 25. The university has grown by over 50% in the last seven years alone.
St. Mary’s University is seeking a part time Fitness & Athletics Coordinator to cover a parental leave for 30 hours per week until August 1, 2023. This position will assist in coordinating, planning and execution of the day to day operations of the Department of Athletics and Recreation. The successful candidate will work closely with the Director of Athletics and Recreation to develop social media content, marketing materials for athletic, fitness centre and recreation events, promote recreation and game events around campus and supervise game day events.
This role requires an individual who is service-focused, tech-savvy, possesses a “can do” positive attitude, superior communication abilities and outstanding relationship building skills.
Please Note: In the event that position responsibilities are affected by COVID-19, and results in a retreat to an off-
campus environment, revisiting hours of work per week may be required.
- Plan, create and promote recreation events on campus for students, faculty and staff
- Create marketing materials for the department of Athletics, Fitness and Recreation
- Create graphics and materials for social media content on athletics platforms
- Coordinate and plan events on campus for example pep rallies, or “Make Some Noise for Mental Health”
- Coordinate and plan athletic events for home games such as half time entertainment and merchandise promotions
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise Game day staff for game day and department events
- Setup of equipment and sporting needs for St. Mary’s hosted Athletic events, AV systems, concessions, scores table and signage
- Coordinate with coaches, athletes, Fitness Centre manager and Director, Athletics and Recreation to produce athletic promotional materials, including printing posting and managing content on campus
- Comply with ACAC game day operating procedures, post results to ACAC website through presto stats programs, post-Game day recaps for home sporting events, upload game day video following ACAC protocol
- Coordinate with incoming ACAC sports teams, referees and delegates for games and events hosted by St.
- Work with Director of Athletics and Recreation to plan, create materials for, power points and awards for
- In collaboration with Fitness Centre Manager, prepare and distribute Fitness Centre communications materials
- Collaborate closely with Director of Athletics and Recreation, and Fitness Centre Manager to strategize, create, schedule, and post on social media channels to increase awareness and build meaningful connections
- Undergraduate degree, diploma or certification in an applicable discipline or equivalent is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and orally), including integrity with sensitive and confidential information
- Knowledgeable in social media platforms i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Knowledgeable in Adobe suite of programs and graphics design platforms i.e. canva
- A professional and relational with proven ability to interact tactfully and diplomatically with a wide variety of people
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to work within a small team environment, and be self-motivated
- Flexibility with work schedule to allow for events that are held outside of normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
- Excellent customer service ethic
- Experience with Microsoft Office Programs – Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Comfort with Audio Visual equipment and setup an asset
- Experience in supervision of staff, event management or marketing preferred
- CSEP-CPT designation would be an asset
- Corporate/Organizational wellness programming experience an asset
St. Mary’s University offers a competitive compensation package. Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Job Type: Part-time
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.