The University Students Council, Western University
March 17, 2023
The University Students’ Council of the University of Western University is seeking a Financial Assistant on a full-time permanent basis. This position is within the Collective Bargaining Unit and is classified at Band 4 in the grading unit. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to the Senior Manager, Finance and the Accounting Manager in collecting, monitoring and processing of financial information. The Financial Assistant will provide accounting support to the USC, Radio Western and the USC Foundation. This candidate also must act in accordance with USC and Western University’s policies.
Responsible for providing support to the Senior Manager, Finance and the Accounting Manager in collecting, monitoring and processing of financial information. The Financial Assistant will provide accounting support to the USC, Radio Western and the USC Foundation.
- Maintain compliance with all relevant policies and procedures applicable to the USC.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality, professionalism, objectivity, and fairness.
- Administrative support to the Senior Manager, Finance and Accounting Manager.
- Responsible for the provision of all administrative support to Radio Western and USC Foundation.
- Provide assistance with the administration of the Western University Service of Canada
- Student Refugee Program funds.
- Liaise with the VP Student Services and Grants Coordinator in the administration of USC Grants.
- Liaise with the insurance provider regarding insurance certificates.
- Review of all capital equipment/furniture and set up maintenance of database/library of assets.
- Provision of administrative support to the Senior Manager Finance the preparation of the annual budget.
2. Customer Service:
- Assist and provide support to the Senior Manager, Finance and the Accounting Manager as required.
- Provision of all accounting support to Radio Western and USC Foundation.
- Completion of all non- Capital purchase orders upon the approval of the Senior Manager, Finance
- Reconciliation of USC bank accounts and online sales
- Processing of all Accounts Payable eTransfer and Wire transfer transactions
- Processing of all Club accounting functions
- Generate and distribute monthly transaction reports to Senior Managers
- Processing of all eTransfer requests
- HST monthly reconciliation
- Monthly telephone reconciliation
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Manager, Finance and Accounting Manager
BA in a related discipline or a two-year accounting certificate
Minimum of 2 years accounting experience. Must demonstrate a positive, inclusive attitude, superb interpersonal and organizational skills. Working knowledge of accounting software. Experience with SAGE or a similar system is a requirement.
Interpersonal skills must be well developed. Pleasant telephone/reception manner is necessary. Familiar with various software programs. Experience in customer service and working with confidential information is an asset.
Frequently sitting in front of the computer terminal for extended periods, frequent interruptions and noise. Working Hours 8:30am – 4:30 pm, however these hours are subject to change due to fluctuating operating hours. During peak periods, the hours of work may be adjusted to accommodate increased workload. Occasional overtime may be required. This is an in-person position.
Please fill out the following application and include your resume and cover letter. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please submit your application in the link below by April 7th, 2023 at 4:30pm -https://westernusc.forms-db.com/view.php?id=492746
USC People and Development
University Students’ Council of The University of Western Ontario
Room 340, UCC Bldg. London, ON N6A 3K7
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $51,510.57 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- London, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-04-07
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.