Servus Credit Union
Posting Closes: March 29, 2023 end of day
Compensation: $24.82 – $31.03/hour
Employment Status: Part-time (minimum 20 hours/week)
Are you gutsy, smart, and driven? Are you passionate about delivering exceptional service to our members and helping them achieve “financial fitness”? Then this might be the job for you!!
Servus is growing! We are currently looking for a part-time Financial Advisor Associate at our Three Hills Branch.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, our Financial Advisor Associate plays an integral role in the branch by supporting our members with all their banking needs. As a Financial Advisor Associate, you’ll prepare documents for member meetings, provide regular proactive contact and follow-up with members, handle discussions with walk-in members, and a variety of administrative and branch support activities. You’ll also help the branch and our members by processing daily banking transactions and recommending products and services to ensure our members feel good about their money.
More specifically, the scope of your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Proactively gather and document all pertinent information required for the Financial Advisor to have a robust conversation.
- Reviewing personal accounts for completeness, accuracy, and ensure they are fully compliant. Look for recommendations to shape the members financial fitness.
- Opening and reviewing new accounts, following up with members as per member service guidelines.
- Preparing and entering loan application information.
- Supporting branch activities to grow new memberships and strengthen our financial relationship with existing members.
- Clearly and skillfully differentiate between credit union and competitor products and services. Present advice and solutions that will serve to improve the member’s financial situation
- With accuracy, processing member transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, loan and utility payments, money orders, credit card advances, calculation of foreign and domestic exchange & cheque cashing
To qualify, you will need at least 1 year of retail banking or sales experience in addition to your high school diploma.
Although not required, the following education/certificates are valuable assets:
- Post-secondary education in Finance (or related studies)
Moreover, Servus encourages candidates with a strong desire to learn and improve their financial intelligence! We provide extensive training, coaching, and educational/personal development assistance, to give you all the right tools to succeed and continually improve in this role.
Most importantly, we are looking for candidates with enthusiastic energy and impeccable communication skills, who are effortless in building rapport with our customers. If you are a positive, organized, and detail-oriented individual looking for a long-term career growth, then we encourage you to apply!
Working for Servus has outstanding benefits. We offer our employees flexible and practical benefits in addition to competitive salaries and career building opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Immediate financial service benefits
- Group RSP program available after 3 months
- 3 weeks’ vacation and vacation purchase program
- Flexible group benefit plan
- Flexible health and/or wellness spending account
- Employee/family assistance program
Imagine working for an organization that values diversity and inclusivity, and where everyone collaborates for your success. If you want to join a team of community leaders passionate in making an impact, apply now!
What happens next?
Thank you for applying with Servus Credit Union! If you are shortlisted for this opportunity, you will hear from us after the posting closes regarding next steps. Should you require an accommodation during the application and selection process, please contact us at [email protected] with the position and location you are interested in.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.