Wiseworth Canada Industries (1996) Ltd.
We have a vacancy of Field Service Technician in our company, Wiseworth Canada Industries (1996) Ltd.. This vacancy is based in Surrey British Columbia Canada. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Field Service Technician
Company: Wiseworth Canada Industries (1996) Ltd.
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Surrey British Columbia Canada
URL Expiry: 2022-12-27
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
As our newest Field Service Technician, you will offer exceptional customer service while servicing our equipment and building strong relationships with our customer base in BC Lower Mainland. You will be supported with continuous opportunities to develop valuable technical skills through on-the-job experiences and other training resources offered within the company.
Interested candidates must possess strong mechanical/electrical aptitude, a positive, team-focused attitude, exceptional customer service and communication skills, and the ability to work independently while providing consistent high-quality detailed work.
Responsible for keeping industrial air compressors and control systems running correctly. This is the perfect opportunity for candidates with previous experience in a Service Technician role or similar, or a Red Seal Millwright/Industrial Mechanic certificate. Previous compressed air knowledge is an asset, however we will provide all training necessary to become a factory certified Ingersoll Rand Field Service Technician.
If you’re a friendly, customer service-oriented person, who enjoys solving problems, and is willing to go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction; we’d love to speak to you about this rewarding career opportunity.
- Remuneration package includes a competitive base salary, commission, performance bonuses.
- Banked time off eligibility so you can earn extra days off.
- $1,000 bonus for completing factory technical training courses.
- $75 per diem when traveling.
- Tool and boot allowance.
- Company service vehicle.
- Fleet fuel/maintenance card.
- Tablet computer.
- Mobile phone.
- Comprehensive benefits package for you and your family includes:
- Paid time off for vacation and sick days.
- Extended medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Employee assistance program.
- Educational assistance program for courses related to your employment.
- Company matching pension plan.
- $1,000 flex/wellness plan (can be used for gym memberships, fitness courses, and equipment).
Why Choose Wiseworth Canada:
Wiseworth Canada Industries Ltd. is the largest air compressor sales and service provider in Western Canada and a thriving master distributor for Ingersoll Rand compressed air products, parts, and services. We proudly serve all of Alberta and British Columbia, and the the Northwest and Yukon Territories. Ingersoll Rand is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for compressed air products and innovation. This long-standing partnership has positioned us as the supplier of choice within our industry.
Wiseworth was recently named the Top Ingersoll Rand Distributor in North America and we are very proud to have been awarded the Consumer Choice Award for Business Excellence as the Top Air Compressor Service Provider for the 8th consecutive year in a row. We attract the best and brightest employees by sustaining a culture of respect, integrity, and genuine teamwork; along with a positive workplace environment that is enthusiastic, innovative, and accountable.
As a Wiseworth Canada employee you will enjoy:
- Employment stability.
- Positive work-life balance.
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement.
- Competitive compensation package that is worthy of your experience.
- Ongoing training and development.
- Engaged leadership that is focused on continuous improvement.
- Company-wide commitment to workplace safety.
- Equipment installations and start-ups, preventive maintenance, diagnostic inspections, and repair of compressed air equipment to ensure equipment is meeting operating and quality standards.
- Create a friendly and inviting working environment.
- Effective communication with customers and coworkers, both verbal and written.
- Maintain rapport with customers by addressing complaints, identifying solutions, suggesting improved methods and techniques and recommending system improvements.
- Recommending required parts and services to customers and assistance with follow-up through to successfully acquiring customer approval.
- Working with internal team to obtain required parts and materials.
- Adhere to safety standards and procedures with continuously changing working environments.
- Daily travel to customer sites located in the BC Lower Mainland region with occasional travel to sites located in surrounding areas.
- Rotation based on-call service, with occasional after hour call-outs.
- Comprehension of electrical wiring schematics and diagrams for all equipment.
- Accurately document service and installation activities by completing work orders for each job, maintenance checklists, and daily time sheets.
- Promote all company products, services and solutions; such as equipment, system accessories, planned maintenance, diagnostics, audits and leak detection. Ability to communicate value and increase customer’s awareness of how these items can benefit their operations.
- High school diploma. Post secondary and/or related technical training and experience preferred.
- Previous industrial air compressor service experience is an asset however we will train suitable candidates.
- Applicants with mechanical, millwright, HVAC, electrical/electronics, and compressed natural gas experience will receive special consideration.
- Basic knowledge of some or all of the following is preferred: AC/DC circuits, wiring diagrams/schematics, motors/controls, PLCs, HVAC, electricity, controls, refrigeration systems and/or refrigerant certification. Candidates who possess related knowledge or skills but have not completed a formal program may be considered.
- High level of integrity and ethical values.
- Strongly motivated to stay updated with the latest in compressed air innovation and concepts.
- Use of precision measuring tools for diagnostic trouble shooting of compressed air equipment.
- Comprehension of all operations and parts manuals associated with all equipment.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with laptops and hand-held computers and devices (iPhone, iPad).
- Candidates must have their own set of standard tools. All other specialty and diagnostic tools will be supplied by the company.
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, hot and cold weather conditions, equipment with risk of electrical shock (high voltage), and the use of ladders and aerial platforms.
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, reaching, lifting, and kneeling; and consistent use of arms and legs with full range of motion and exerting push and pull forces.
- Employees may regularly lift or move up to 25 lbs, frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs, and occasionally lift and or move more than 75 lbs.
- Employees must adhere to all associated Workplace Health and Safety Program Standards and PPE requirements which may include being clean shaven for some customer sites.
- No criminal record.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with no major traffic violations, suspensions, or DUI’s in previous 5 years. Driver’s abstract required.
- Training is comprised of job shadowing, hands-on field work, online training, and formal classroom training. Travel to Ingersoll Rand’s corporate training facility in the USA is periodically required.
- Valid Canadian passport with the ability to travel across Canada and the US.
- Wiseworth Canada Industries Ltd. is an alcohol and drug free workplace.
- This position is based out of our Surrey BC office.
- Subject to human rights considerations, an immunization record showing you have received the COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to the start of employment. In the event you have only received one vaccination, we require proof that your second vaccination has been received.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
strong class=”helpus”>To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.