Altec Industries, Inc.
Pay starts at $27/hr and may be higher depending on skills and experience.
Altec is proud to have a long history and commitment to Canada. We listen to our customers and create solutions through our dedicated Sales, Service, Parts, and Rental teams in Canada.
Field Equipment Mechanic
Work directly for the manufacturer to perform troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance. Primary products include Aerial Devices, Digger Derricks, Chippers, Cranes, and Specialty Equipment — Made in America. In addition to our 8 major manufacturing facilities, Altec has three final assembly plants, 40+ service centers and an extensive network of mobile service technicians who travel to customer sites.
· You will have a state-of-the-art, late-model company service vehicle, customer interaction, and a flexible schedule
· Ongoing factory training and world-class technical support to enhance your technical skill set
· Competitive Compensation that rewards performance
· Comprehensive Benefits including extended health care, dental and vision care, RRSP match, wellness programs, company events, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation
· Potential to work overtime to support the customer
· Values that include Enjoyment of Work and Family
· A Secure Essential Industry (supporting Utilities & Telecom)
· Career Focus, with growth & development encouraged within Altec
· Previous field mechanic, equipment service experience
· Education in mechanics, electrical or hydraulic systems, e.g., Millwright, Mechanic, HD Mechanic
· Experience with aerial devices, digger derricks, chippers, cranes; or construction, mining, farm equipment such as excavators, skid steers, dozers or tractors; or military heavy equipment such as the MRAP vehicle, HMEE, or tanks; aircraft and aerospace or ground support equipment (AGE/GSE) or similar
“Over the years, much has changed. But even more has not. We are as we have always been: a company led by values, powered by people and inspired to be a source of opportunity for those who depend on the performance of our products.”
Family-owned since 1929, Altec has the reach and resources of a large organization with the heart of a local firm. “More than just building equipment, we also build relationships.” Altec products and services can be found across the U.S. and Canada and in over 100 countries around the world. Safety is a primary responsibility in everything we do as is support of the Altec Company Values: Customer First – Enjoyment of Work – Family – Financial Stability – Integrity – People are our Greatest Strength – Quality – Spiritual Development — Teamwork
We are there from the engineered design, through manufacturing and final assembly, with technical sales support and solution-driven direct sales, with forward-thinking marketing and R&D. Our dedicated customer service delivers on Altec’s commitment to be there for the life of the equipment with troubleshooting and repair, parts, and product support.
Altec Industries Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. Altec welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.