Precision Communication Solutions
We are hiring Full-time, Permanent individuals to join our team in the Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo region for the position of Telecommunication Technician to provide installation services on all voice & data cable plant services corporately primarily focused on fiber optic splicing, some potential work on structured cabling systems and wireless systems.
Complex telecom projects with multiple stakeholders and varying goals can be a difficult challenge for anyone. Our experience with Telecom networks allows us a unique perspective in that it lets us manage projects to achieve all the goals that are present in any complex job. The role of Telecommunications Technician will assist Precision Communications Solutions achieve this by:
- Installing and repairing voice and data cables.
- Experience splicing fibre optic cables of different types and counts
- Responding to and resolving any issues that may arise during the installation and/or operation.
- Performing high quality workmanship and taking all necessary precautions to prevent service disruptions.
- Operating and understanding all products and services required.
- Identifying and correcting issues in a safe and controlled manner.
- Troubleshooting systems and performing necessary repairs.
- Effectively servicing equipment with little to no supervision.
- Maintaining work records and all related documents.
- Evaluating and diagnosing equipment that requires servicing.
- Make in-process and final quality inspections.
- Carrying out the mechanical and physical installation activities.
- Communicating with the other members of the team, other employees, Supervisors, and Managers, clients, vendors, and industry specialists.
- Adhering to and enforcement of Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned including coordination and supervision of outside contractors as required.
What we need from you:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a Cable & Telephone Installer/Technician or experience in a related industry.
- Comfortably with Fibre Optic splicing in an Industrial Environment
- Completion of a Provincial Apprenticeship program or equivalent post-secondary education in a related field is an asset.
- Knowledge of electrical and RF systems.
- Strong problem-solving techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and train technicians.
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality, professional customer service to our clients with the ability to explain service solutions in a clear and concise manner.
- Interacting with other employees, supervisors, managers, clients, vendors, and industry specialist in a professional manner.
- Maintaining a valid motor vehicle license (G Class).
- Strong technical knowledge in equipment installation with specific knowledge on relevant technologies.
- Enforcing and adhering to all company policies and procedures including Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures.
- Maintaining any professional designations and maintaining in good standing status.
- Ability to read, write and speak English as our common workplace language for written and verbal communication is English.
- Physically able to perform duties in an Industrial environment which include but are not limited to walking, climbing, driving extended periods of time in potential extreme climates in both day and nighttime conditions, lift or carry more than 25 lbs, reaching above, at and below shoulder level, bending, crouching, kneeling, crawling, and sitting or standing for extended periods of time while following health and safety procedures on site locations.
*Permanent, full-time employment.
* Northern Living Allowance.
* 14/7 Shift schedule on a averaging agreement and 5/8 opportunities as well. Shift schedules are adjusting as the customers move to a new operating model.
* Hourly wages ranging starting at $40.00 to $46.00 (depending on experience and education).
If you are interested and qualified to join our team at Precision Communications Solutions (PCS) as a Full time Telecommunications Technician, please submit your resume highlighting your experience by responding to this job posting. Competition will remain open until candidates are selected. To limit the potential spread of COVID-19, all interviews will be conducted virtually. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00-$93,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Housing allowance
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fort McMurray, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.