University of Toronto
Date Posted: 02/05/2024
Req ID: 35892
College/Division: Folks Technique, Fairness & Tradition
Division: Household Care Workplace
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Place Quantity: 00023248
The Household Care Workplace (FCO) offers confidential steering, assets, referrals, instructional programming and advocacy for the College of Toronto group and their households. We elevate consciousness of household care points central to the achievement of schooling and employment fairness on the College of Toronto. We help present College of Toronto college students, workers, school, post-doctoral fellows and their households with any household care associated situation. The FCO has at all times emphasised an inclusive definition of household. As a imaginative and prescient, we hope the College of Toronto is a frontrunner in supporting you in your loved ones life as you study and work.
This place would require a excessive diploma of professionalism, customer support, and dedication to pupil, workers, and school household care points.
On this position, you can be offering advising to each college students and workers on a spread of household points (being pregnant, parental, and caregiving leaves) and on versatile work preparations on account of household issues. This advising will happen in any respect 3 campus places (UTM, UTSC and St. George). Additionally, you will be chargeable for planning, designing and implementing the tutorial programming for the Household Care Workplace. Lastly, you can be chargeable for finishing up a social media technique for the Household Care Workplace and College Relocation Service, coordinating an e-newsletter, sustaining and growing two web sites, and sustaining a small library.
The Household Care Workplace is an fairness workplace on the College of Toronto.
Your tasks will embody:
- Advising college students and/or workers on private and household care points by probing and offering a spread of choices and potential penalties
- Planning parts of instructional applications and/or course design
- Planning and overseeing the implementation of an analysis framework for applications and initiatives
- Creating and implementing communication plans that help strategic aims
- Creating content material for advertising and marketing and/or promotional supplies
- Creating and sustaining presence on social media platforms
- Coordinating web site updates and making certain technical points are resolved
- Conserving well-informed on library insurance policies, laws and expertise
- Bachelor’s Diploma in a related self-discipline (e.g. social work, social sciences, larger schooling, or grownup schooling) or any equal mixture of schooling and expertise.
- Minimal 4 years.
- Demonstrated data of household issues, little one care or elder care together with casework and advising ideally in a College setting for 4 years.
- Expertise with coordinating and instructing workshops or webinars.
- Demonstrated understanding of pupil improvement theories, co-curricular programming and evaluation methodologies.
- Confirmed understanding of efficient communication methods in an schooling setting.
- Wonderful communication, writing, organizational, drawback fixing and supervisory expertise.
- Proficiency in MS Workplace, Phrase Press, social media, distant functions comparable to MS Groups or Zoom, and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Grasp’s diploma or working in direction of a Grasp’s is an asset.
- Expertise with AMS, SPSS,Adobe Join and Canva an asset.
- At the least 2 years expertise working in an fairness setting strongly most popular.
To achieve success on this position you can be:
- Aim oriented
- Drawback solver
- Crew participant
NOTE: This can be a time period place ending February 21, 2025.
Closing Date: 02/14/2024, 11:59PM ET
Worker Group: USW
Appointment Sort: Funds – Time period
Schedule: Full-Time NOTE: This can be a time period place ending February 21, 2025. Restricted journey and time beyond regulation required.
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 13 — $83,150 with an annual step development to a most of $106,336. Pay scale and job class project is topic to dedication pursuant to the Job Analysis/Pay Fairness Upkeep Protocol.
Job Class: Folks Technique, Fairness & Tradition
Recruiter: Blythe Campbell
Lived Expertise Assertion
Candidates who’re members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, individuals with disabilities, and different fairness deserving teams are inspired to use, and their lived expertise shall be considered as relevant to the posted place.
To assist us observe our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this job posting.