Magna International|Magna International
We have a vacancy of Facility Technician in our company, Magna International. This vacancy is based in Newmarket Ontario Canada. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Facility Technician
Company: Magna International
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Newmarket Ontario Canada
URL Expiry: 2022-12-31
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
Job Number: 46718
Group: Magna Seating
Division: Cam-Slide Mfg. Newmarket
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Magna is an innovative leader in the development and manufacturing of high quality complete seating systems. Our solution includes seating structures, mechanisms and hardware, as well as foam and trim products for global automotive, heavy truck and bus industries. Our capabilities include market and consumer research; full concept development; design and engineering capabilities; testing, validation and world-class manufacturing. Our award-winning seating solutions are developed from consumer research, finding the ease of operation to be comfortable, convenient and connected.
The Facility Technician ensures optimal facility appearance and operation through coordinating / conducting facility preventative maintenance, repairs and other tasks assigned by the management team.
- Monitor performance and coordinate repairs on HVAC, compressors, internal heaters, and CO2 monitoring systems
- Coordinate general maintenance and repairs on the sprinkler and fire management systems – in compliance with health and safety requirements
- Monitor and ensure completion of general building maintenance and repairs, including:
- Lighting (internal / external)
- Roofing (leaks & damage)
- Interior and Exterior conditions of flooring, walkways and parking lots
- Coordinate general maintenance and repairs on shipping dock door systems in a timely manner
- Conduct general maintenance and repairs on the facility when able
- Maintenance of building Master Key and security system
- Support Health & Safety through active participation in energy conservation projects and environmental initiatives
- Responsible for coordinating building electrical and Arc Flash in accordance with established standards
- Coordinate sampling, disposal and maintenance of waste-water systems
- Responsible for repair and maintenance of transformer and switch gears
- Required to respond to negative air pressure issues in the plant and coordinate completion of weld exhaust repairs when required
- Monitor and coordinate hazardous waste removal, pest management, snow removal / landscaping and general parking lot maintenance
- Responsible for the general maintenance and appearance of the facility both internally and externally
- Act as a liaison between Cam-Slide and contractors to ensure timeliness of projects and compliance to company policies and procedures
- Require to create PM’s as necessary and perform / track PM’s for above mentioned items
- Perform other related duties as directed by Manager / Supervisor
- Follow contractor safety program requirements (obtain documents, complete contractor orientations)
- Communicate and work effectively with other departments
- Willing and able to work at heights as required
- Willing and able to work overtime and flexible hours as required
- Adhere to all applicable IATF 16949 policies and procedures
- Must comply with all ISO 14001 (Environmental) system and standards as it pertains to their work
- Valid Ontario Trade Certificate / License in any of the following disciplines or work experience in a similar role:
- 442A Industrial Electrician
- 433A Industrial Millwright
- HVAC Technician
- Facility Management Program (FMP) designation considered an asset
- 3-5 years’ experience in Facility Maintenance
- Experience in Facility Maintenance in the Manufacturing Industry preferred
- Demonstrated experience with HVAC, Compressors and Security Systems
- Experience with energy systems considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience with Contractor Management
- Fall Protection Training considered an asset
- Arc Flash Protection Training and other health and safety training is an asset
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills and ability to adjust priorities as required
- Excellent problem-solving, root cause analysis and adaptability skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office (word, Excel, Outlook) and maintenance software
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high energy and demanding work environment
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That’s why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
strong class=”helpus”>To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.