Zymeworks is a publicly listed (NASDAQ:ZYME) clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation, bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Why Work With Us
Nothing is more critical to our success than the quality of our team. The work we do is meaningful and impactful – we care about each other as well as the patients we serve. We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
Zymeworks is proudly headquartered in our brand new, net-zero facility located in the vibrant Main St biotech hub of Vancouver, BC, with operations in Bellevue, WA, Dublin, Ireland, Singapore and the Bay Area.
- This role will be based out of our Vancouver, BC HQ and is a full-time onsite role. Up to 10% travel may be required.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time and lift up to a maximum of 50lbs.
- Monitor and maintain operation of all Vancouver M2 building systems including repairs and preventative maintenance or programming as required and directed. Systems under the responsibility of this role include:
- HVAC systems in Office and lab
- Air balancing and pressurization of the lab space to maintain containment levels
- Temperature and lighting controls
- Electrical systems
- Plumbing: including but not limited to water lines, compressed gas lines etc.
- Security and access controls
- Implement and supervise Vancouver M2 building and equipment preventative maintenance schedule.
- Coordinate with external contractors for repairs, routine maintenance and service of furniture, appliances, and general equipment.
- Fulfills all facilities service requests using the Jira ticket system; may perform routine maintenance tasks.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of global office renovations, building systems adjustments and furniture reconfigurations.
- Onsite support of Environment, Health and Safety program.
- Provides administrative support to the Sr Manager, Facilities & EHS for the procurement of materials and services relating to Facilities; may manage POs in SAP Ariba and support the administration of contracts and leases.
- Support Lab Operations on an as needed basis
- Foster effective and collaborative working relationships both internally and with and external partners
Education and Experience
- Post secondary education in a relevant field and a minimum of 3 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience in a biotech, pharma or similar facility with a biologics laboratory required.
- Able to perform small general maintenance tasks and/or coordinate with Property Management or outside vendors for maintenance activities.
- Strong customer service orientation with a hands-on, can-do attitude.
- Previous experience with SAP Ariba strongly preferred.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage concurrent deliverables and work effectively in a challenging, milestone-driven environment.
- Previous experience providing onsite support for Employee Health and Safety programs.
- Understanding of project management principles, including managing to timelines, budgets, and risks.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Knowledge of JIRA or other ticketing system is a plus.
We offer a comprehensive total rewards package, which includes competitive salaries, generous benefits, an outstanding work environment, and excellent opportunities for professional growth. We regularly benchmark our compensation against leading biotechnology companies in our geographies.
The Canadian base salary range for this full time position is $60,000 – $92,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location.
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all Canadian locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by a variety of factors and the salary offered may vary depending on the successful candidate’s location and qualifications (including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, education, training, skills, and experience).
Please note that the compensation details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
Our team enjoys:
- Industry leading vacation and paid time off
- Excellent health and wellness benefits
- Zymelife health and wellness benefits
- Paid time off to volunteer in your community
- Matching country specific pension savings program
- Employee Share Purchase Program
- Employee Equity Program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability.
NOTE TO AGENCIES: Zymeworks values our relationships with our recruiting partners. We only accept resumes from those partners who have been contracted with us. Zymeworks is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received without contract.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this posting.