Community Living York South
BELIEVING, INSPIRING, ACHIEVING
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL POSTING # 23-16
POSITION: Executive Director, Community Living York South
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
LOCATION: 101 EDWARD AVENUE, RICHMOND HILL
SALARY: Will be discussed at time of interview.
What We Do:
Community Living York South (CLYS) employs over 200 people. Over the last 68 years, we have provided exceptional supports and services to people who have an intellectual disability and their families in our communities of Richmond Hill, Markham, Thornhill, Stouffville and Vaughan.
We are a culturally diverse, heart-centered staff group with strong values of equity, respect and inclusiveness for all people. If those values describe you as well, please check out our current job posting!
The Board of Directors at Community Living York South (CLYS) is seeking a successful and values-based Executive Director to build upon the key accomplishments of CLYS and tackle the future challenges.
The Executive Director(ED) is responsible for the management and operations of CLYS in accordance with its Mission, Values, Vision, Strategic Plan, and Focus standards. The ED will continue to develop collaborative and strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Executive Director will be responsible for the following areas. The scope and complexities of responsibilities may change from time to time depending on Association’s needs.
1. Board Support:
· Assist the board with the orientation and training of board members
· Assist the board in the development of annual and long-term plans
· Support the board by providing timely information, assistance and advice to assist board discussion and decision-making
· Inform the board on all essential matters for sound policy, decision making and to prevent potential liability
2. Program Management:
· Provide effective leadership and direction to senior management staff in the effective delivery of program supports and services; ensures that all service delivery is compliant with appropriate government regulation and legislation.
· Develop strategic and annual work plans with the stakeholder’s participation of senior staff members in consultation with board and committees; ensures that all service planning is consistent with the mission and strategic direction of the Association.
3. Financial Management:
· Manage the effective application of Association’s financial resources program and service delivery; ensures timely and accurate reporting to the finance committee and board.
· Direct the annual budgeting process with the participation of the senior management staff and in consultation with the Board’s finance and administration committee
4. Community and Agency Relations:
· Develop and maintain effective government and community relations including the Central East Region of the Ministry of Community and Social Services and the United Way of Greater Toronto.
· Participate and represent the Association on inter-agency planning groups within the York Region, Central East Region and Community Living Ontario (CLO)
· Maintain relationships with people supported and their families to ensure clear understanding of CLYS program, mission and vision.
5. Strategic Planning:
· Leads the development of a strategic plan that conveys the organization’s mission, vision, values and goals and objectives.
· Ensure an inclusive planning process and reach out to all internal and external stakeholders on a proactive basis
· Tracks the results and objectives and keeps the Board apprised about these matters
6. Human Resources Management:
· Oversee the development of a Human Resources Plan aligned to the strategic plan
· Set the tone and direction for a healthy, positive, collaborative and values-based work culture
· Ensure the organization has progressive and fair HR policies and practices and is compliant with government legislation.
7. Risk Management:
· Incorporate risk management principles in all activities at CLYS and takes proactive measures to eliminate, reduce and minimize risk issues.
· Ten years senior management experience in the social sciences field
· Degree in human services, social services, psychology, or other related field or equivalent education and experience
· Strong understanding of intellectual, psychological and behavior related disabilities
· Thorough knowledge of developmental services area and related government regulations
· Demonstrated leadership ability, able to lead teams with a collaborative approach
· Strong critical thinking skills – able to assess situations from a strategic point of view
· Experience in Board governance and working with a Board of Directors
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills (to build and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders), outgoing and personable, comfortable in public
· Innovative and creative in problem solving to maximize available resources
· Strong conflict resolution, mediation and decision making skills
· Demonstrated ability to manage crisis situations
· Role model and values-based leader
· Strong leadership and management skills
· Able to lead and anticipate change
· Able to develop strategic alliances with stakeholders
· Financial Acumen
· Able to develop, coach and mentor staff
Start Date: April 2023
Community Living York South is an equal opportunity employer. Community Living York South will provide, upon request, accommodation to the materials and processes used in the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation.
Please Quote Job Position: “23-16 Executive Director”
We thank all interested applicants; however, we will only contact those who best meet the requisite skills, experience and qualifications.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Commuter benefits
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-05-05
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.