Coopérative du Collège Boréal ltée
Position : Executive Director Employment category: Senior management
Location : Sudbury, Ontario Travel required Occasional
Salary : $67 000 to $77 000 Position Type: Permanent
Subject : Position of the Executive Director Human Resources department
Attention: Human Resources department Coopérative du Collège Boréal ltée
21 Lasalle boulevard
Sudbury, ON P3A 6B1
Description of the position
The Executive Director is primarily responsible for managing Cooperative du Collège Boréal ltée. She is responsible for overseeing the administration as well as the organization’s programs and strategic plan. Other key tasks include fundraising,
marketing, human resources and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Governance of the board of directors
- Respponsible for directing Coop Boréal in such a way as to support and guide the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the proper functioning of the Board and for informed decision-making.
Financial performance and viability
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Coop Boréal, including the submission to the Board of Directors an draft annual budget and quarterly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial situation of the organization.
- Responsible for the financial management within the approved budget.
- Responsible for raising funds and developing other resources needed to support Coop Boréal’s mission.
Mission and strategy of the organization
- Collaborates with the Board and staff to ensure the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementing Coop Boréal’s programs and policies that fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for managing strategic planning so that Coop Boréal can successfully fulfill its mission.
- Responsible for improving the image of Coop Boréal by being active in the community and by collaborating closely with other organizations.
- Responsible and efficient administration of Coop Boréal’s operations.
- Responsible for hiring and retaining competent and qualified personnel.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements and other contracts concluded on behalf of the organization.
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in a related field or experience relevant to the business.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five or more yars of senior management experience, preferably in the food & alcohol / retail sales.
Coopérative du Collège Boréal ltée
- Strong budget management skills and practices, including financial preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- Strong organization skills, including planning, delegation, program development and task faciliation.
- Ability to convey a vision of the strategic future of Coop Boréal to staff, the Board of Directors and volunteers.
- Aptitudes à collaborer avec les membres du conseil d’administration et l’équipe de gestion.
- Strong French and English communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to supervise, collaborate with staff.
- Planning and execution of annual budget.
- Identify grant opportunities and write grant proposals.
- Develop and apply high quality health and safety practices and standards.
- Establish administrative and employment policies and procedure for all functions and for the day-to day operation of Coop Boréal.
- Be the main spokesperson for Coop Boréal with members of the organization, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations in the community in order to strategically reinforce
Coop Boréal’s mission.
- Report to the Board of Directors and work closely with its members to seek their implications and administrative decisions and to increase the overall visibility of Coop Boréal throughout the community.
- Supervise and collaborate with managers and staff of the organization.
- Support the Board of Directors with strategic planning and its implementation.
- Oversee the all Board and committee meetings.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Review and approve service contracts.
- Training of department managers.
- Other duties assigned by the Board of Directors.
Chosen candidate must speak and write in French, bilingual an asset.
Type d’emploi : Temps plein
Salaire : 67 000,00$ à 77 000,00$ par an
- Assurance Maladie Complémentaire
- Gym sur place
- Horaires flexibles
- Nourriture à Prix Réduit ou Gratuite
Horaires de travail :
- Du Lundi au Vendredi
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- management: 1 year (required)
Lieu du poste : Un seul lieu de travail
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.