University of Toronto
Date Posted: 11/24/2022
Req ID: 28656
Faculty/Division: Faculty of Law
Department: Faculty of Law
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Position Number: 00043182
The Faculty of Law is one of the oldest professional faculties at the University of Toronto. Today, it is one of the world’s great law schools. The Faculty’s rich academic programs are complemented by its many legal clinics and public interest programs. The Faculty of Law is housed in the elegant, state-of-the-art Jackman Law Building, alongside two historic buildings, Flavelle House and Falconer Hall, on the St. George Campus in downtown Toronto.
Working on-site, and under the supervision of the Events Supervisor, the Events Coordinator develops and organizes the logistics of numerous/multi-day events within tight timelines and competing deadlines. The incumbent serves as a main contact between the Faculty of Law and its faculty and event conveners, ensuring the successful delivery of workshops, conferences, roundtables, business luncheons , dinners and other events with the highest level of quality.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing client needs and making recommendations on event logistics and options
- Determining logistical details and activities for events and/or programming
- Liaising with internal and external service providers
- Liaising with others to coordinate event set-up, changes and schedules
- Coordinating scheduled activities for functions
- Resolving issues that may occur during events and escalating problems as required
- Conducting post-event evaluation, analysis and recommendations for changes
- Responding to enquiries within the defined scope of the role and redirecting as appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum three years directly related events coordination experience
- Demonstrated experience coordinating the logistics for a high volume of small to large events is required
- Experience writing and editing itineraries , programs and other events related materials
- Demonstrated highly developed skills and experience in facilities and event coordination for a high volume of meetings, events and classroom bookings within tight and conflicting deadlines
- Experience with event management software
- Experience delivering high volume of events with competing deadlines and tight timelines
- Experience supervising volunteers
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint , Outlook and event management software
- Superior customer service skills with the ability to work with stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Creativity, tact and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills including ability to manage competing deadlines and priorities
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Problem solver
- Team player
Closing Date: 12/02/2022, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget – Continuing
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 09 – $60,006 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $76,739. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Hospitality
Recruiter: Robyn Hunter
Lived Experience Statement
Candidates who are members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, persons with disabilities, and other equity deserving groups are encouraged to apply, and their lived experience shall be taken into consideration as applicable to the posted position.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.