Global University Systems
Position Job Title: ESG Sustainability Manager
Location: Remote (must be based in Canada)
Global University Systems (GUS) owns and operates one of the world’s largest and diverse networks of higher education institutions, with over 85,000 students across almost 30 institutions both all over the world and online. Leading UK-based institutions such as The University of Law, Arden University, University Canada West, the University of Applied Sciences Europe and the Berlin-based GISMA Business School are part of the group. With operations in Canada, UK, India, Germany, Singapore and other countries it is truly an international company with a global mindset, focusing on making an impact in the world through quality education.
We are in an innovative time and growing! This is an opportunity to be in the inauguration of a new department, the sustainability department and work closely with the Chief Impact Officer. To continue changing the face of the education sector and make an impact, we need the world’s most interesting and talented people. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you!
The ESG Sustainability Manager will be monitoring performance against corporate ESG goals. Proactive identification of issues, risks, opportunities, and trends that may impact the company from an ESG and corporate responsibility perspective. Ownership of clear, consistent narratives for reports, including writing and editing report content to ensure high-quality, clear, and consistent disclosures and messaging.
Coordination with various internal subject matter experts to compile and develop key qualitative and quantitative information for inclusion in reports.
The ESG Sustainability Manager will at various times be responsible for the following as well as other related duties as assigned to support the business objectives and purpose of the Company.
- Convene internal ESG conversations to drive corporate ESG strategy; produce recommendations on action, policy or behavior change; work with internal stakeholders to enact these recommendations and develop a cohesive narrative around them.
- Development, maintenance, and execution of regular cadence of ESG reporting, both internal and external, including production of an annual ESG Report, and other reporting products as needed.
- Development, maintenance, and execution of appropriate disclosure controls and procedures related to ESG.
- Develop and maintain an ESG dashboard for functional leaders and the executive team.
- Manage ESG reporting to third parties as appropriate.
- Participate in selected engagements directly with other Institutions and Partners, including meetings with Group level executives and company representatives.
- Ability to organize workload to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment in a team-oriented collaborative environment.
- At least three years of relevant work experience – Demonstrable knowledge of ESG frameworks, standards and trends, and Formalizing Strategy is required.
- Advanced skills in writing and report preparation are required.
- Executive presence along with a passion for teamwork and collaboration is a must
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent work experience, is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), Self-motivated, proactive and demonstrates initiative; ability to work without a lot of structure.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize and juggle multiple competing tasks and demands under tight deadlines.
We acknowledge receipt of your resume for a position at Global University Systems and sincerely appreciate your interest in our company. We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose qualifications meet our requirements. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you if you are selected to continue for the next stage of the recruitment process. We wish you every success. GUS is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Are you legally authorized to work in Canada?
Work Location: Remote
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.