Avara Solutions Inc
AVARA is a consultancy firm established in 2015, providing a range of engineering and supervisory services to the Canadian East Coast oil and gas industry. Our team members have been a part of the growing industry since 1984, with varied and extensive backgrounds including; Completions, Well Testing, Production, and Reservoir Engineering.
Avara’s goal is to provide local engineering and supervisory services to the East Coast oil and gas industry. Avara’s representation of employees and consultants have provided years of service to the local operating companies and have established long term, respected, working relationships. Our strength is in our approach to build a team of the best local expertise and experience working collaboratively and consistently together delivering a better product for our clients.
We are currently accepting resumes for a contract position for 3-6 months with site visits as required.
· Conduct corporate and regulatory environmental reporting and environmental stewardship reporting
· Provide support to emergency and oil spill response initiatives
· Actively participate in the following programs: environmental protection planning, compliance monitoring, environmental effects monitoring, chemical management, seabird monitoring and rehabilitation
· Work with internal teams on environmental projects as required
Education and Experience:
5-7 years of experience working with environmental regulations associated with offshore oil production
· Strong experience and knowledge of East Coast offshore operations
· A post-secondary education in Engineering, Science, or Environmental Technology
· Outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal) with strong collaboration skills that enables you to build strong, positive relationships with diverse groups
· A confirmed ability to handle conflict and influence decisions
· The ability to anticipate potential problems and check for out-of-the-ordinary conditions, as well as having a strong sense of accountability
· The capability to remain organized and able to self-prioritize work and manage multiple tasks/request from a variety of people
· Alignment with our values of: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, act with integrity
· Fluent in Microsoft Office suite including Teams.
· Written communications clarity
· Work prioritization skills
· Familiarity with East Coast offshore regulatory environment.
· Computer skills – MS Office
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 4 months
Salary: $50.00-$130.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Language training provided
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Environmental Advisory: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.