English as an Additional Language (EAL) Instructor, LINC Program
- BA with TESL/TESOL Certification or BEd with EAL teaching experience
- EAL teaching experience is a must
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Proficiency with online teaching platforms
- Experience teaching EAL online classes
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of CLB (Canadian Language Benchmarks) and Task-Based Learning
- Previous experience working in a LINC program with PBLA (Portfolio-Based Language Assessment)
- Previous experience working with EAL students with literacy challenges
The Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) Program at Keyano College is looking to hire an English as an Additional Language (EAL) Instructor to teach a CLB 5/6 LINC class starting in January 2023 and ending in June 2023. The class is currently an online class and runs Monday-Thursday, 6-9pm.
The LINC instructor position is a contract faculty position and falls under the Keyano College Faculty Collective Agreement and receives health benefits and vacation pay. LINC instructors report to the LINC Chair in the School of University Studies, Career Programs and Academic Upgrading. They are responsible for the planning and delivery of learner-centered EAL classes based on a PBLA (Portfolio-Based Language Assessment) curriculum with a settlement focus.
The ideal candidate is someone that is a dynamic, culturally sensitive EAL instructor who is committed to cultivating a passion for learning and creating multicultural awareness through teaching the fundamentals of the English language. Also, someone who has a strong talent to develop and implement creative, hands-on curriculum that reaches every student’s learning style and ability, empowering students to succeed and realize their individual goals.
Salary is based on Education and experience
Number of Vacancies
Desired Start Date
January 3, 2023
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
Keyano college encourages everyone coming to our campuses to be fully vaccinated and to get their booster shots as soon as they are eligible.
Vaccination against COVID-19 remains the best way to prevent severe illness and death, and third doses can boost immunity to improve protection and limit spread.
Job Type: Contract
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.