Are you an experienced Engineer with a background in Mechanical Design and Manufacturing? Is enhancing and creating new products a top interest for you? Do you thrive in a fast-paced team environment? Do you have experience leading a team and thrive on working with others? If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
JBS Equipment is a rapidly growing agricultural equipment manufacturing company based in beautiful Mission, BC. We recently moved into our latest custom-built facility that has allowed our production capacity to nearly triple.
The main role of the Engineering Manager will be to oversee the Mechanical Design Engineering Department for this custom metal fabricator, ensuring that tasks are scheduled and delivered on time, the company’s design and development standards are followed, and the team is supervised and motivated. Another key role is to lead and be intimately involved in the R&D of equipment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the engineering department provides all required materials / documentation in a timely manner, as required.
- Organize workload to meet daily schedules to ensure jobs are done on time.
- Supervise, motivate, and support engineering department daily, mentoring junior team members.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by providing guidelines to design for more efficient production, ensuring adherence to component commonality through the product lines.
- Peer review models, drawings and BOMs.
- Prepare new and existing product design plans: detailed drawings of parts for purchase and production.
- Lead the design and development of innovative equipment through full cycle product R&D.
- Prepare reports analyzing; product life-cycle; production drawing package and part design adherence to timeline.
- Maintain the product and part library.
- Maintain and update existing product data, e.g. drawings, BOMs, manuals.
- Analyze and problem solve engineering issues with creative solutions.
- Review engineering changes and process through proper change management
- Registered Professional Engineer or ability to obtain registration.
- Minimum of 1 year of management experience.
- Design and drafting experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with 3D CAD systems, preferably with Autodesk Inventor and Vault experience.
- Knowledge and experience in design of welded sheet metal assemblies.
- Good problem-solving abilities as well as a good three-dimensional conceptual ability.
- Effective communicator throughout multiple levels of an organization
- Creative, with good attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office and other related programs.
- Understand and use Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing standards.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $100,000.00-$130,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.