WeatherSolve is a growing company with a unique product range that is dominant in its niche thanks to a focus on market leading creativity, research, reliability and efficacy. With increased climatic volatility and environmental concern worldwide, it is expected that our niche will continue to grow exponentially. This position will be a part of that growth opportunity.
The Technical Business Development / Project Management position is for an analytical, personable and communicative person, who will be instrumental in the entire sales life cycle and take a lead on all aspects of our jobs. From initial quotes and estimates to project management and support, this position will allow you to be a champion of environmental change throughout the job lifecycle.
We are looking to fill this position immediately with a hard-working, driven individual who loves a challenge and being a part of a team. Training will be provided, willingness to learn new skills is beneficial.
- We Care: We care about our people our customers and our world.
- Prioritize Quality: We stand behind our name. Everything we do will be done with uncompromising attention to quality
- Be Innovative: We believe better is always possible. We look at things from different perspectives to overcome challenges and find new possibilities.
- Promote Harmony: We seek harmonious solutions in all our interactions.
If you also hold these values and are interested in becoming a part of the WeatherSolve Structures team we would love to meet you. Please take a look at our website to gain an understanding of what we do. Kindly apply via Indeed.
- Be the technical subject matter expert and champion throughout the sales cycle.
- Listen and be attentive to customers requirements throughout the sales process
- Review technical documents from clients, including engineered drawings and site plans, design specifications, local climate data
- Manage new & existing project leads; maintain active dialogue with clients, extract relevant site and project information, update CRM software and project files, and advance projects where a good fit is identified
- Close new business by addressing prospects’ technical challenges
- Prepare milestone sales documents at each stage of the sales cycle: technical proposals, quotations, contracts and accelerate the adoption of WeatherSolve products by analyzing plans, specifications, proposals, and other documentation.
- Prepare and manage material lists for active projects
- Review commercial documents including client contracts, purchase orders, letters of credit
- Liaise with contractors and consultants as necessary to share product data and project deliverables
- Maintain a pipeline summary of active leads
- Manage active projects and prepare client progress reports as needed
- Ensure the successful execution of projects, in accordance with contract and quality requirements.
- Point of contact between client, consultants, and other stakeholders to facilitate the project from conception to completion.
- Travel may be required (domestically and internationally) to execute site visits and inspections
Qualifications and Experience:
- Preference will be given to individuals with an engineering background
- Completion of post-secondary education with a diploma or degree related to science, technology, engineering or a related field
- Ability to leverage strong technical aptitude to master WeatherSolves’ product offerings, business model, services, and emerging technologies
- Project management experience is considered an asset
- Previous experience working with sales teams to close new business by addressing prospects’ technical challenges
- Strong computer background
- Ability to work in a team environment and willing to promote teamwork by motivating, coaching and guiding others
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a clear and concise written manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – including presentations
- Ability to prioritize listening to understand the situation and the speaker before offering opinions and answers.
- A flexible work environment with work from home options
- Birthdays and other important days off
- Freedom to innovate.
- Full medical and dental benefits
Please send a resume with a cover letter, shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a preliminary screening call and qualifying applicants will undergo an in-person interview
Please note that while all submissions will be reviewed, only those that are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Must be a Canadian citizen or legally entitled to work in Canada.
Preference will be given to residents of the lower mainland area in British Columbia.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Langley, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have a background in engineering?
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Langley, BC
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.