Engineering Coop Student (Summer Term)
Why join our team?
HyLife is a global leader in food processing. Our vision is to be the best food company in the world. To achieve this, we need talented people like you to join our team. HyLife creates limitless opportunities for passionate individuals, and we have an exciting new career opportunity located in Neepawa / La Broquerie, MB for you to explore!
- Culturally diverse – employ people from all over the world
- Fully integrated facility –Feed Mills, Barns, Transportation, and Production Plant
- 4000+ employees worldwide
- We Care about our employees, communities, customers, animals, and our environment
Your days will include:
- Analytical and root cause problem-solving to support improvement projects,
- Assist with construction and renovation project management
- Understand and value stream map key processes
- Support the assessment of process performance against key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Document processes, collect and analyze data and interact with employees and leaders
- Assist in the determination and documentation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Assist with the development of equipment Preventative Maintenance (PM) programs
To succeed in this role, you must possess:
- Currently enrolled in a university cooperative education program
- 3rd or 4th-year Mechanical, Biosystems, or Industrial engineering education
· Experience in food processing or agriculture an asset
- Experience in leading the implementation of Lean initiatives as an asset
- Proficient in MS Office applications and AutoCAD.
- A sharp business sense and the ability to identify business opportunities.
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
HyLife has an accommodation process for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation during your employment because of a disability, please contact Jobs @ hylife.com. An HR representative will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and our accommodation policy can be forwarded upon request.
We want it to be YOU! Come join our HyLife team.
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted
Job Type: Internship / Co-op
Contract length: 4 months
Salary: $1.00-$2.00 per hour
- Company pension
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Manitoba: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-03-15
Expected start date: 2023-05-15
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.