Shift Energy|Shift Energy
Engineer Software Developer Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Engineer Software Developer in our company, Shift Energy. This vacancy is based in Montréal QC. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Engineer Software Developer Job
Company: Shift Energy
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Montréal QC
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-04-03
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
SHIFT Energy is proud to be a Mariner company.
We’re part of the Mariner group of companies, representing 3 wholly owned divisions and a portfolio of 30 start-ups. Mariner is 100% employee owned, which means we’re driven by our longer-term vision – not just quarterly financial results. We’re about to enter our 20th year of operations.
SHIFT is focused on reducing the carbon footprint of large buildings – the invisible driver behind 20% of the world’s carbon emissions. From data centers to office towers and hospitals, we are pushing the state of the art in AI-based supervisory control systems that reduce GHG associated with large scale heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems.
SHIFT Energy is looking for a Mechanical or Electrical Engineer with software development experience to join our team full time.
- Contribute to the design, development, and maintenance of a wide variety of product components.
- Write well designed, easily testable, and efficient code.
- Contribute to the development of project plans and timelines by providing estimates for planned work.
- Review and contributes to refinement of business requirements.
- Handle multiple tasks with a high degree of flexibility and adaptability.
- Research advances in development tools and techniques, recommending and introducing process changes as appropriate.
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Domain knowledge and/or training in control, fluids, thermodynamics.
- HVAC systems and building control systems knowledge is considered an asset.
- Modeling with physics and Gaussian Process based models is considered an asset.
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- Proficient in Python Development.
- Experience with requirements gathering and creating test cases.
- Comfortable working with experimental design type environment, developing PoC, simulations and prototypes.
- Product development experience is considered an asset.
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world’s largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
- Values-driven workplace where people really matter
- Flexible hours of work and remote/work from home option
- Competitive salary and bonus plan: stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental, life and disability insurance plans
- Paid vacation plus an extra week of paid Mariner MyLife days, and
- Unlimited training
Join our growing team!
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
You can apply to this job and others using your online resume. Click the link below to submit your online resume and email your application to this employer.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.