Engineer, Continuous Improvement
Are you passionate about Engineering in a world class mining facility? We are currently looking for an engineer with a continuous improvement mindset to join our Albian Technical Services Engineering team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to take on a wide range of projects designed to increase production, lower cost, or improve safety within mine operations, mine maintenance, and tailings. The opportunities to add value are endless and scope isn’t limited to any specific part of the business.
- Identify and lead improvement projects that support achieving objectives to improve efficiency and reduce cost
- Follow Lean Six Sigma (LSS) DMAIC process to define, measure, analyze, improve, and control problems as part of projects
- Collaborate across different parts of the organization to influence and sustain changes that will benefit the business. Model and promote the continuous improvement mindset within the Albian mining organization
- Monitor short term truck and shovel performance and identify opportunities to increase production
- Strong understanding of mine plans; attend weekly, 90 day, and life of mine plans and look for opportunities to optimize the plan
- Job location: Albian Sands – Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Shift Schedule: 4×3 – 4 days on, 3 days off, 10-hour days
- Eligible for relocation pursuant to Canadian Natural’s Relocation Regular Policy
- Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations program
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
- This is a safety sensitive position
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree in Engineering; Registered with APEGA as a P.Eng
- Minimum of 5+ years mining experience in oil sands
- Expertise in Change Management/continuous improvement
- Ability to influence change without formal authority; Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Vulcan, Mine Scheduling Software,
- Mine driving experience; Class 5 driver’s license with no driving limitations
Why Canadian Natural?
Canadian Natural is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Primary Location Fort McMurray
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.