Avalon Mechanical Consultants Ltd.
JOB ID: EM2023-03
Energy Modelling Mechanical Technologist Position – Victoria, BC
Established in 1984, Avalon Mechanical has grown into an industry recognized Mechanical Engineering Consultancy firm. Specializing in Mechanical Design Systems for HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Suppression, we have completed thousands of projects in a range of industries. With offices in Victoria, Nanaimo and Vancouver, our team is growing, and we are looking to add to our complement of skilled and knowledgeable engineering design professionals.
Avalon Mechanical is currently looking for a Mechanical Technologist to join our Energy Modeller Team in the Victoria office. The ideal candidate will possess a mechanical technology diploma and be available to start work immediately. Working knowledge of AutoCAD and experience producing construction documents, plans, and calculations for mechanical building systems (fire suppression, plumbing, HVAC) are desired, however all skill levels and experience will be considered. Please see below a comprehensive list of skills and qualifications, as well as role responsibilities and benefits.
Compensation and benefits for this position are to be discussed with applicants on an individual basis.
· Completion of a Mechanical Technology Diploma
· A positive attitude and an ambition to learn
· Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
Ideal Candidates will possess the following:
- AutoCAD and Revit proficiency
- Experience with MS Office – specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experienced with energy codes and energy modelling software is an asset
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare energy models to simulate building energy performance
- Develop and evaluate energy conservation measures for various building types
- Prepare reports by compiling, interpreting, and summarizing engineering data
- Learn and adapt to various engineering tasks as required to meet changing market demands
When joining our team, employees can expect to be a part of an inclusive group of individuals who enjoy challenges and work collaboratively to achieve project goals.
Highlighted benefits include:
· Health Benefits
· Employer matched group RRSP
· A supportive and motivated work environment
· Interesting, challenging, and rewarding work
· Bright and open workspace
· A flexible work schedule
Please submit both a resume and cover letter.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
Work Location: In person
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.