University of New Brunswick
UNB is committed to ensuring employees can maintain a healthy work-life balance. As such, we’re proud to support a hybrid work approach, which includes flexible hours and work-from-home options.
Reporting to the Energy Manager, the Energy Coordinator supports the implementation of the UNB Fredericton Campus Energy Management Program, metering of utilities, emissions monitoring, and reporting.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Diploma in Mechanical, Electrical or Instrumentation/Controls Engineering Technology or combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in an engineering or maintenance environment which may include mechanical/electrical design, HVAC, building Automation Systems, facilities management, energy-related design, project management, construction, planning, cost estimating, problem solving, maintenance management systems and general maintenance of utility systems or implementation of energy efficiency programs or projects.
- Must be registered or eligible for registration with APEGNB or NBSCETT as a P. Eng, PPptech or CET.
- A LEED or CEM designation, knowledge of Canadian and local building codes and standards, the NB Boiler Pressure Vessel Code, the National Energy Building codes would be an asset.
- Must be able to prioritize, organize and manage dynamic workload; having excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to pay attention to detail, be results oriented and professional.
- Must be computer literate including proficiency in spreadsheets, word processing and scheduling software.
WHO WE ARE:
Capital Planning & Operations is a team of approximately 130 employees that take tremendous pride in the campus and deliver exceptional service that supports the University of New Brunswick’s mission, vision and values. You will be a part of a motivated team of professionals who are always striving to make our campus a safe, sustainable, accessible and welcoming environment for students, faculty, staff and community.
This position is part of the PSAC, Local 60551 employee group and falls under the PTSU Collective Agreement.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi’kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
The University of New Brunswick and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551 are committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.